PDA

View Full Version : NL50: TPTK worst line possible?

EvanJC
12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
easy turn fold? villian is unknown. give me a decent size for my flop bet.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.25, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $13.25</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($39.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $19</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $77.75

EvanJC
12-28-2006, 07:06 PM

soberforlife
12-28-2006, 07:11 PM
With no reads here I will usually fold the turn and def. fold the river

Thrahl
12-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Make it 5 on the flop. I'm betting the turn here as well and folding to a raise. As played, I dont know you have under repped your hand so villain could be betting a worse J thinking he is good.

jjb108
12-28-2006, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make it 5 on the flop. I'm betting the turn here as well and folding to a raise. As played, I dont know you have under repped your hand so villain could be betting a worse J thinking he is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn as well. JT will get aggressive here on weakness. Tough without reads.

And no its not the worst possible line.

AKQJ10
12-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, it's not an easy hand to play. If you know that Villain has been calling your CBs to pick them off on the turn, then a c/r on the turn is good. Without reads, I'm not sure, so let's work backwards.

The overbet is a bit strange, like a set or QT that thinks you'll call. Of course it could also be a busted draw with a bare ten trying to get you off a decent hand. I would probably call only often enough to dissuade a bluff, like 20%. But can you forsee the river overbet and decide to fold the turn if you're not going to take it all the way? I don't think so.

My line here is to almost always bet flop, sometimes bet turn, sometimes check/raise turn, sometimes check/fold turn. Only check/call turn and river againt a compulsive bluffer.

Also I'm not convinced of the merits of the almost-pot-bet versus the half-pot-bet, but then I'm not a long-term winning player above NL25 or 50 so take it FWIW.

jgunnip
12-29-2006, 06:44 AM
I'd either check the flop or bet $5.5 I really don't see what $3.5 accomplishes. I think I fold this on the turn now. These types of call downs have cost me a lot of money so far and I'm trying to cut them out of my game.

Pro Zaxer
12-29-2006, 06:57 AM
You really need to bet more on the flop ($5 like other poster said), let them know you are serious about the hand and charge draws. On the turn, I would make a bet of bit more than 1/2 the pot. Represent to him a certain amount of strength so you can fold with a clear conscience if raised.

If he's still there on the river, it really depends on your reads of your opponent, so wait a while there is no rush, think about what you are going to do and do it, you are navigating troubled waters here with just one pair OOP in a decent sized pot so again, take your time and make your play, checking and calling a reasonable bet or a blocking bet might be okay if he's not tricky.

Giving up the inititive and check calling big bets on turn and river is pretty bad line.