PDA

View Full Version : 25NL : JJ and ugly FLOP

Kramer
12-28-2006, 06:42 PM
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.33
HERO: $30.60
CO: $10.80
Button: $6.50
SB: $7.30
BB: $21.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $1.35</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.3, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, HERO checks.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.3, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $2.7</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.7, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $4.5</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: $4.5 returned to HERO.

Results:
Final pot: $9.7

Comments on this one ?
BB: 60/18/0.8

On the flop I don't think there was a point in betting.
TURN : I wanted to reraise more but I made it almost a minraise. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
RIVER: I think I have the best hand and he had some small PP or a flush draw.

DanJ.
12-28-2006, 06:49 PM
why are you raising the turn?

Isura
12-28-2006, 06:53 PM
This is a pretty good flop for JJ. I'd bet flop, and def not raise turn. It's more profitable IMO to control the pot size and induce bluffs on the river. Also, your raise is way too small. Make a real raise to protect against draws or just call.

Kramer
12-28-2006, 06:57 PM
BB was a retard and made a few bets like this against me(on a draw or small PP) .
I don't think I can fold to his bet and I knew I had the best hand.
I would have folded to a 3-4$ bet.

Kramer
12-28-2006, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty good flop for JJ. I'd bet flop, and def not raise turn. It's more profitable IMO to control the pot size and induce bluffs on the river. Also, your raise is way too small. Make a real raise to protect against draws or just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the turn sucks big time but it was a mistake /images/graemlins/grin.gif I wanted to make a bigger raise.
From the hands I saw him play I was thinking about some suited junk.

Isura
12-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Raise is okay, but make close to a pot-sized raise and take a free showdown if he calls. A lot of bad players will check a rivered straight/flush so they don't have implied odds with their turn calls.

Kramer
12-28-2006, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise is okay, but make close to a pot-sized raise and take a free showdown if he calls. A lot of bad players will check a rivered straight/flush so they don't have implied odds with their turn calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply !
Learned a few things from this hand /images/graemlins/grin.gif