PDA

View Full Version : (10 NL) AJs UTg

ALReturnsLOL
12-28-2006, 04:53 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Hero ($9.95)
MP ($6)
Button ($21.15)
SB ($2.95)
BB ($5.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.95) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.95) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.9</font>, Button calls $0.90.

River: ($2.75) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $2.75

CobraGoat
12-28-2006, 04:55 PM
i bet the river as well.

ALReturnsLOL
12-28-2006, 05:06 PM
How was the hand played to that point?

How much do you bet?

gdsdiscgolfer
12-28-2006, 05:08 PM
C-bet some % of the time. River is a must bet, to the tune of $2-$2.5.

ALReturnsLOL
12-28-2006, 05:12 PM
What factors do you take in when Cbetting on this flop? How was my pf raise?

gdsdiscgolfer
12-28-2006, 05:17 PM
I raise this pretty much everytime but folding's not a huge mistake. Have any notes on button's play? In general, the LAGgier I've been, the less likely I am to c-bet with nothing. The more passive the opponents, the more likely I am to c-bet.

If the PFR was called in two places, I'd just check it. If the call were out of the blinds, I'd cbet everytime I was checked to. Because you're OOP, it's not a mandatory c-bet.

ajmargarine
12-28-2006, 06:16 PM
nh Al.

Preflop is good 5-handed. If it were 6-handed, or you were unsuited, then maybe you could consider folding. It's a standard PFR for most decent 6-maxxers. But, it is a hand that can get you in trouble sometimes. I know you are in the getting your feet wet stage, so be careful with it.

Flop: HU you need reasons to NOT c-bet. One reason not too is that you are OOP. Another reason to not CB this flop is it's drawiness. You have both flush and straight possibilities. If it were one or the other, fine, CB. With both, I think this might be one of those flops I give up on. He's never folding a draw or a pp.

Turn = standard.

River I like too sorta. I'm not sure how the games play at this level, but as you go higher they'll bluff this river often enough. And they won't be calling a vb from you with a hand you beat very often, given the action (utg pfr from you, villian flop check, and you waking up on the turn Ace). Your hand is face up as a pair of Aces and given his flop action he doesn't have better than that hardly ever.

So, basically you want to give him a chance to bluff river the times he has missed. If he had 7x and not hearts, at higher levels, they'll stab at it repping the flush. If he has the flush, you'll just have to c/c and pay him off.

--aj