Villian checks
Hero bets $0.20
canoe guide calls $0.20
*** TURN *** [6d 3c Qh] [Ad]
Villian checks
Hero bets $0.40
Villain raises to $1.80
Hero calls $1.40
Reads: villian had made a lot of plays at the pot check raising me and I had seen him do it to other players as well. sometimes with a hand some times with nothing. I also had seen him raise most of the time with an A in his hand when we were three handed. I did not feel he had anything at this point.
*** RIVER *** [6d 3c Qh Ad] [6s]
Villain bets $2
Hero calls $2
I hated this card and liked it. Made it less likely to me he had a 6, didnt believe he limped with and A and felt like if he did have a Q my kicked was probably good here. What is everyones thoughts???? I am just starting to play online.

Pavan
12-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I would fold to his turn C/R. As played, you have to fold to his river bet.

mmaddalena
12-28-2006, 03:30 PM
why should I fold to the c/r on the turn????? give me some reasons please. thanks for any and all advice

Pavan
12-28-2006, 03:33 PM
What hands do you think you are beating after his C/R?
Any ace beats you. QK beats you. Your hand it not strong enough to call.

mmaddalena
12-28-2006, 03:35 PM
thanks

kurto
12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
I think the issue with this hand (and is the real 'meat' of shorthand) is what do the opponent's bets mean.

In that respect, your 'feel' for his play is more helpful then any advice we can offer.

If his turn play is to be believed-- he feels he has you beat. What do you think he puts you on and what would he then need to raise you?

Anyone just looking at the play is going to think he has a strong hand (and likely suggest you fold). The only reason to think otherwise is based on your read which we cannot really comment on...

mmaddalena
12-28-2006, 03:50 PM
thanks. that is helpful I went with what "felt" and that is why I called the river as well. If i called the turn I felt like I had to call the river when it paired the board.