AshleyC
12-28-2006, 03:01 PM
On this hand I don't think that I maximised my winnings:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is MP1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG+1 calls, Hero raises to $2.5, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB raises all-in $8.1, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($25.05, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $25.05)
Hero checks, Button bets $10, Hero calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($45.05, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $25.05, Sidepot 1: $20)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($45.05, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $25.05, Sidepot 1: $20)
Hero bets $10.
Uncalled bets: $10 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $45.05

I flat called the re-raise all in pre-flop, hoping that the other player may re-raise to isolate and if he didn't im not totally unhappy playing the pot HU. Is anyone very against this? I'm sure that I sacrifice some value when I get stacked by a set, by I think that I obtain some value against hands that would fold to a pre-flop push. How do you play the flop/turn/river to get his stack? I was hoping that he would bet the turn so that he would be pot committed to a river push by myself.

Abramovic
12-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I think I reraise the allin preflop. I dont like the flop play atall. I would probably lead out here, but after you check its the perfect opportunity for a C/r. I'm happy to felt on this flop.

AshleyC
12-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Yes, but I think that he folds nearly every hand on that flop except a set or KK/QQ (which is unlikely given his pre-flop actions). By calling I think that I can make him pot committed to a push by the river, agree?

munkey
12-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I agree with Abramovic -AI preflop makes this hand play itself otherwise I'll c/r AI flop we have outs and the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif and some FE but I don't mind getting called either.

As played on the river shove AI and hope a retarded slowplayed set/ lower 1card flush drawing calls.

( Stack sizes I assume BTN is fully stacked.)

Your attempting to maximise value on a scary flop when villan with a higher PP like JJ+ may have called your preflop shove which is one of the benefits of AI preflop with AA there's no scare cards to reduce value e.g. KK on Axx flop.

I think preflop is fine but I lick my chops when someone reopens the betting preflop and I have AA- especially as a shove 'may' look like an isolation move.

Javanewt
12-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I would have gone all-in to his $10 flop bet. Or, maybe gone all-in on the river hoping that he thought you were bluffing. To me, the $10 looks like less of a bluff than ai--big old value bet, which it was.

4_2_it
12-28-2006, 03:56 PM
How much do you and button have behind? Turn looks like an easy AI with 100bb stacks.

Without knowing this it's hard to figure out the best way to stack him; however, waiting until the 4th spade hits will never be the optimal play.

AshleyC
12-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Villan started the hand with $38, I cover.

Is everyone against the flat call of the re-raise pre-flop ie seeing the flop HU against one player rather than an isolation all-in pre flop to be HU against the all in player?

barryc83
12-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't mind just calling pf, but this is the best flop you could've hoped for. C/r AI on flop as played, but I lead flop and call AI obv. He's stacking off w/ TT-KK here a lot.

4_2_it
12-28-2006, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Villan started the hand with $38, I cover.

Is everyone against the flat call of the re-raise pre-flop ie seeing the flop HU against one player rather than an isolation all-in pre flop to be HU against the all in player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop is fine. Villain isn't getting odds to set mine. You want his $38 in addition to shortie's stack.

With villain only having $20 left after his flop bet, waiting until the turn to shove probably makes it tougher for him to get away. I think not shoving with only a half pot bet in villain's stack was your biggest mistake in this hand.