PDA

View Full Version : 25NL + Kill Home - Played straight too weak on turn?

sawedust
12-28-2006, 08:08 AM
A 25NL with kill home game here in this example. I had just lost a big pot to MP2 when he pushed preflop with AA against my KK and flopped a boat. A couple hands have gone by and after being nearly stacked, and I have rebuilt my stack to an OK amount. Winning a couple of big pots in a row, I have the kill button and post the $.50 blind.

The villain in this hand has played fairly tight preflop over the past two hours, but is somewhat loose and aggressive postflop and tends to make a lot of feeler bets.

---

Home Game
NLHE Ring
$.25 BB with Kill (7 handed)

UTG ($4.50)
MP1 ($8.75)
MP2 ($31.00)
CO ($12.25)
Button ($18.00)
Hero ($10.75)
BB ($5.50)

*stack sizes are estimated.

*Kill pot. Hero has kill button.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero checks, BB calls.

Flop: ($2.00) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $.75</font>, SB calls, BB folds, CO calls.

*Button tends to bet when last to act and all have checked to him. BB and CO have both been pretty loose, so I was hoping a 6 would allow me to possibly extract a lot of chips. I decide to call here and hope to have everyone else come along for the ride to improve my odds. Mistake calling here?

Turn: ($4.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, Button calls, CO folds.

*Proper play going for the min-raise here? What is the proper play in this situation? What could villain possibly have here?

River: ($10.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises all-in to $12.75</font>, Hero...

*Board pairs, and I'm sitting with the low end of the straight. Does villain have a boat here? I have $5.50 left in a pot of approximately $16 (since villain has me covered), giving me about 3-1. What is your play in this situation? Should I have led river?

Thanks for your time... feedback is greatly appreciated.

TheCutter
12-28-2006, 08:22 AM
As played I always call the river. I'd bet the river too, though.

lacrymosa
12-28-2006, 09:41 AM
call. You'll see trips here enough to make it profitable.