PDA

View Full Version : 50 NL Blind vs Blind I'm retarded...

Pro Zaxer
12-28-2006, 02:18 AM
This was just stupid but I am posting to see how stupid. He's got $19 to start so he's short stacked, but not pathetically so. I re-raise him out of the blinds, which I think now is dumb since short stack will call down with any pair or ace high sometimes if he calls raise. Once he does call, I get the bright idea to represent ace and overbet him all in. And...ugh.

So I should maybe just call his raise preflop and if I don't just give up on flop or what? I hate short stacks.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
3 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($12, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $19</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $13.25</font>.
Uncalled bets: $5.75 returned to Hero.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($38.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $38.5)

River: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($38.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $38.5)

Results:
Final pot: $38.5

derosnec
12-28-2006, 02:31 AM
two things that can destroy win rates are ego battles in the blinds and getting aggro on the flop in reraised pots, from my experience (yours might differ)

Thrahl
12-28-2006, 02:42 AM
I don't like the PF 3 bet with KQ. Id rather 3 bet 76s in this spot because at least I know I probably have 2 live cards. I really don't like getting cute like this vs a shortie. As played, Once he called preflop I'm pretty much done with this hand unless I get some help from the board.

Pro Zaxer
12-28-2006, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the PF 3 bet with KQ. Id rather 3 bet 76s in this spot because at least I know I probably have 2 live cards. I really don't like getting cute like this vs a shortie. As played, Once he called preflop I'm pretty much done with this hand unless I get some help from the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we are 3 handed, most players are raising with a lot of hands in SB, so domination concerns aren't that big (once he calls the raise, well perhaps so, but he is short so reverse implied odds aren't going to hurt me too much). If we were deeper I'd tend to agree with you and just call to keep from losing a big pot when he's got me crushed preflop.

But I agree that shorties are bad in the sense that while I might have preflop fold equity here, post flop I don't have much hope with a continuation bet unless he really has nothing. I was hoping the A rag rag board would scare him. I think I will just call vs. 15-25 bb stacked shorties more with hands with little showdown value unimproved (non-Ace high/pairs) due to lack of post flop fold equity. (I think I sound smart for a guy that just gave some dude $20)

emon87
12-28-2006, 03:10 AM
I think calling preflop and then re-evaluating the flop is the best way to go against the short stack and with KQ. KQ isn't that strong.

lacrymosa
12-28-2006, 05:30 AM
call preflop, fold flop

Sir Winalot
12-28-2006, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
call preflop, fold flop

[/ QUOTE ]