PDA

View Full Version : 25NL 6 max: Common situation from the blinds

emon87
12-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.90
Button: $24.75
SB: $25.15
hero: $24.65

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, hero checks.

Flop: ($0.6) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.5</font>,

Is betting out here when I pick up a real weak pair a good idea?

What kinds of boards am I looking for to do this with? Real raggedy boards, or what?

King Car
12-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I usually just check in this particular spot.

optimus_prime
12-28-2006, 01:35 AM
guh, c/f this.

maybe, if it was against SB and it's checked to you I'd bet this, but I'm defintily not leading in this spot.

emon87
12-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Are you guys not leading because of the texture of the board, or are you almost never leading?

Like, what if it was K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif instead?

optimus_prime
12-28-2006, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys not leading because of the texture of the board, or are you almost never leading?

Like, what if it was K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even then, what do you have? Mid-pair with a [censored] kicker, maybe against a nit I'd lead a KT5 board.

emon87
12-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Well, I don't have anything but it's not like he has shown that he has anything either.

Should I just check/check/check (unimproved, obv.) if I get the chance?

optimus_prime
12-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Against an unkown I'd say yeah c/c/c. Against a known nit I might lead this flop.

King Car
12-28-2006, 01:53 AM
I would try to check the hand down.

Check_The_Nuts
12-28-2006, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't have anything but it's not like he has shown that he has anything either.

Should I just check/check/check (unimproved, obv.) if I get the chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - for me if I bet a hand like T3o, I'm also betting 37o, 27o, etc. For this to be correct for me the guy would have to have a fold flop frequency of like 85%, in which case he really shouldn't even be limping in LP.

If the guy calls flops with any frquency this bet is really bad. You can't double barrell the board, you'll almost always get pushed off by a draw when you check the next two streets, and he hits this board in some way at least 70% of the time IMO.

bozzer
12-28-2006, 07:59 AM
The guys didn't like betting when I flopped TPWK in a similar situation, so I doubt they'll like it on this board - lots of people limp weak aces and kings.

I know you can get away from it if called/raised, but I think the point is that the pot is not worth getting involved with. I am not convinced that check-folding these weak hands from the blinds isn't leaving money on the table, but I don't think I would bet here.