PDA

View Full Version : Playing Bottom Set Out of Position Against A UTG Raise From Nitty

lynxman73
12-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Villain here is 16/8/2.8 (Flop aggro 6, turn 1.0, river 1.6) through like 400 hands. Is my line standard? I just got progressively more worried as the hand went on, hence the weak river line here (I was going to check raise but then figured that was a bad idea). Should I lead for the pot on the turn? What do I do if he raises?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $25
UTG: $34.95
MP: $47.60
CO: $23.90
BTN: $8
SB: $46.5

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.8, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.40</font>, Hero calls $1.40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [8/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($4.6, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, UTG calls $2.75

<font color="black">River:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($10.1, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

SCBielski
12-28-2006, 12:40 AM
You absolutely must either bet this flop or checkraise the turn. If he checks behind on the turn then fire a moderately weak bet on the river. You cannot be so nice in the event he has QJ or spades. Don't be so worried about getting him to bet into you three times, if he has a king and a decent kicker he's probably paying you off at the stakes. Play this stronger, holla.

lynxman73
12-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the reply, and I agree this feels very weak, it's just that what hands does he pay off with aside from AK that he raises UTG with these stats? I also had a tight table image, but perhaps I overthought it.