PDA

View Full Version : PS 10NL AA villain goes AI on flop

12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I just played this hand on PS. My stats are 17/10/2.33/53. Villain just sat in and no stats at all.
Would you call here, or is it better to look for an easier spot? Comments appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($9.50)
UTG ($4.30)
MP ($6.80)
CO ($10.35)
the clęaner ($26.20)
SB ($12.05)

Preflop: the clęaner is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">the clęaner raises to $0.8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.70, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.95) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8.7 (All-In)</font>

???

avfletch
12-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Call. You'll see all kinds of rubbish and hardly ever anything that beats you. Why would he play any of the hands that beat you so ridiculously aggressively?

Bring_Me_Down
12-27-2006, 06:00 PM
CAAALLLLLLLLLLL. MAN - ITS NL10. R U [censored] LOST UR MIND!?

12-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I`m only really worried about 44,55 here. But I`m concerned he puts me on AK, knowing I probably call.
I think it makes more reason for him to overbet with a made hand than with AK. Will post results later.

Isn`t it better to wait for a better spot, especialy considering the size of the pot?

CobraGoat
12-27-2006, 06:10 PM
size of the pot does not matter if you think you are ahead. and 9 times out of 10 you are ahead here. stick it in.

avfletch
12-27-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I`m only really worried about 44,55 here. But I`m concerned he puts me on AK, knowing I probably call.
I think it makes more reason for him to overbet with a made hand than with AK. Will post results later.

Isn`t it better to wait for a better spot, especialy considering the size of the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he put you on AK/AA/KK? Has he seen that you are only raising 2% of hands? If so then you can probably fold.

Sean Fraley
12-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Without reads, this is a fold. If the guy has at least a little bit of a clue, you have valid worries about 44 or 55. If the guy is dumb but lucky, you have real reason to worry about 45s, K5s, K4s, or someone slowplaying KK.

Just fold it and go kill a kitten when he shows his bluff.

12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he put you on AK/AA/KK? Has he seen that you are only raising 2% of hands? If so then you can probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I`m raising 10% of my hands not 2%, and AK would be likely here. Also, He is first to bet and moves all in. Which are the hands he could be holding that I beat that would make any reason to do this? I mean even if he`s a donkey.

corsakh
12-27-2006, 06:22 PM
23o

ps No matter how hard you think this play does not make any sense. No point to rationalize irrational.

avfletch
12-27-2006, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without reads, this is a fold. If the guy has at least a little bit of a clue, you have valid worries about 44 or 55. If the guy is dumb but lucky, you have real reason to worry about 45s, K5s, K4s, or someone slowplaying KK.

Just fold it and go kill a kitten when he shows his bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with this. Why would he bet a set so ridiculously strongly "if the guy has at least a little bit of a clue"?

What possibly range of hands can villain put hero on to make this play correct if he has a set and thus make it correct for hero to fold?

12-27-2006, 06:23 PM
I have to leave, so I post results now. I folded, and still think it`s the right move. However, everybody that said call would have won here. He showed KQo. I prefer grinding it out and stacking people when I hold the set. Thanks for all the comments.

avfletch
12-27-2006, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I`m raising 10% of my hands not 2%, and AK would be likely here. Also, He is first to bet and moves all in. Which are the hands he could be holding that I beat that would make any reason to do this? I mean even if he`s a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're raising 10% of hands but he can narrow you down to AA/KK/AK?