PDA

View Full Version : books specifically for micro/small stakes no limit?

-FlipRon-
12-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I've looked around the books section and i've noticed that most of the books are generally for no limit tourney and limit hold em. Are there books that focuses mainly (or a great deal) on no limit cash games (whether small or high stakes)? If so can anyone recommend a good one. Thanks.

Bring_Me_Down
12-27-2006, 06:03 PM
BEST SMALLSTAKES BOOK EVER WRITTEN: Harry Potter III

CobraGoat
12-27-2006, 06:07 PM
i have never read sklansky's small stakes hold'em book but i imagine he discusses certain adjustments one must make when playing small stakes as opposed to larger stakes that would appeal to your interest. combine that with TAP and HOH and you might be onto something.

Sean Fraley
12-27-2006, 06:20 PM
There aren't any out yet, but Ed Miller and some other guys have one in the pipe right now that should be out soon.

Triggerle
12-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Yes, there aren't any out, yet. My advice would be (in that order) HOH, Phil Gordon's Little Green Book and NLHTAP. It is important that you cross-check the stuff stated in these with information from this forum (and SSNL) as not all concepts are really applicable to the micro stakes cash games.

Bowlboy
12-27-2006, 07:01 PM
No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice by Sklansky and Miller. While they arent using hand examples with .25 or .50 cent bets, a lot of the concepts found in this text are fully applicable to the smallest games. There are a lot of guidelines for adjusting to loose players. Most of the time you are going to be up against loose players in the micros. I think that for anybody that has read NLHTAP and understood 50% of this should be able to steadily build their bankroll from 5NL up to 50NL given time and proper bankroll management. I think that aside from being TAG, one of the most important things I've learned is how to play against calling stations.

checkmate36
12-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Between reading NLTAP and this forum I have been able to put the basics together. Some parts of the book left me a little confused about when to apply certain things but this forum is perfect for making sure your playing your hand pretty standard.

Some hands call for a bit of a change but at the lowest of limits where I hang out, Solid ABC nothing fancy gets the money from the donks to my cashier account pretty fast.