PDA

View Full Version : AA against unknown

EricW
12-27-2006, 02:54 AM
Never seen this guy befor eand he just sat down. Going with the PF action and the flop, should I have bet this flop or check the flop and play it passively?

Also, what about the river? Is this a call or a fold?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $48.95
Hero: $52.35
Button: $64.30
SB: $70
BB: $51.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($14.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($14.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $7</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($28.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $18</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $64.75

PietM
12-27-2006, 03:04 AM
BET THE FLOP

This way it seems like you're scared of the K. He could have AK/AJ/QQ here...

EricW
12-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Well if he could have AK/AJ/QQ, wouldn't it be more +EV to let him keep betting because if he has AJ or QQ wouldn't h e fold if I bet and he would only play back if he has something that can beat me.

PietM
12-27-2006, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if he could have AK/AJ/QQ, wouldn't it be more +EV to let him keep betting because if he has AJ or QQ wouldn't h e fold if I bet and he would only play back if he has something that can beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, you should bet the flop. Don't want to let a villain draw for free...

Sir Winalot
12-27-2006, 05:41 AM
I think 3/4 on flop is good here, though it's good to check occasionally. As played, I raise turn to ~30. As played I'd usually shove river and expect him to call with most K's because our hand is hugely under-repped by the river.

Sir Winalot
12-27-2006, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, you should bet the flop. Don't want to let a villain draw for free...

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain is drawing very slim here, so free cards aren't a big issue IMO. But I do agree that if we put villain on AK/AJ/QQ it would be better to bet flop and check turn because I can imagine you usually c-bet a lot.

But I think your range is a little off here. I'd say it's likely villain has something like 88+,AQ+ maybe KQ. IME the lower pairs won't call a turn bet unimproved if we check flop and bet turn, so I think betting the flop is goot.

Genz
12-27-2006, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After your reraise before the flop, a check on the flop looks really weird. A tight player could easily think you are trapping with a set or something and shut down completely unless he draws out. A bet on the flop will be considered standard and will be called or raised if he has a rather strong holding. If he hasn't, there is little to be gained anyway on this board, imo, unless you know villain to be a bluffer.

Onlineace123
12-27-2006, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think 3/4 on flop is good here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let him draw for free.

homeslice
12-27-2006, 08:35 AM
You have position on him, bet the flop.