PDA

View Full Version : Better to 5 bet and turn my hand face up?

BoozeHound
12-27-2006, 12:54 AM
My first Post!
Ace Magnets strike again. No reads on Villains. My thinking at the time was that if I 5 bet, given the strength shown so far I turn my hand face up and get no action from worse hands (I've run into KK vs. AA as my only real pre-flop action repeatedly this week, please berate me.) However, given 3 people, and the size of the pot, I now think this is wrong. Also, as played, I checked the flop to induce action and chickened out. Betting flop I think only gets me called by AK, a very likely holding for villain here. Thoughts on line?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $76.75
Hero: $78.05
CO: $30.95
Button: $62
SB: $54.85
BB: $83

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $9</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($27.75, 3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($27.75, 3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $17</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $17 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $27.75

Check_The_Nuts
12-27-2006, 12:58 AM
button is donkey and could have JJ+/AK, and will call you. UTG overcalled huge there, probably with AK/QQ. I'd definitely shove and hope to be good preflop.

Post flop I think you can check call turn if button bets.

emon87
12-27-2006, 12:59 AM
I think shoving after button's raise is best.

BoozeHound
12-27-2006, 01:09 AM
No reads on villain, so therefore he is not necessarily a donkey. UTG is more likely to be the donk based on call IMO (which is actually more of a reason to shove). Does villain actually 4-bet JJ here? At these stakes I almost never get 4-bet with less than AA, KK, and once in a while AK/garbage, but rarely.

BoozeHound
12-27-2006, 01:13 AM
As played, if I call turn, I'm committed to call river. So, call river also?

Check_The_Nuts
12-27-2006, 01:14 AM
his raise preflop=donkey.

Check_The_Nuts
12-27-2006, 01:15 AM
I think check/call turn check/something river is best postflop.

BoozeHound
12-27-2006, 01:19 AM
"His raise preflop=donkey"

I thought about this for a while thinking it was wrong until I noticed the raise size. However, Villain is a donkey is a "read" that gets me into trouble. How wide does this re-raise range become given the ridiculous (read: small) size?

emon87
12-27-2006, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
his raise preflop=donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

because it is a minraise

Check_The_Nuts
12-27-2006, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about this for a while thinking it was wrong until I noticed the raise size. However, Villain is a donkey is a "read" that gets me into trouble. How wide does this re-raise range become given the ridiculous (read: small) size?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's too stupid to realize that in that spot he should be either shoving or folding, never calling. He should also not call with AKs/AKo, or minraise preflop with eitehr of those hands. Since the guy is doing something that is dumb with any hand (Including AA, if flop comes A23, thats just gunna scare off KK and QQ, his biggest customers), then i would think he has no notion of relative hand strengths. He probably thinks AKs is just as good here as it is opening on button and getting repopped by SB (LOL). Therefore I shove, since his calling range is wider.

sorry, calling and minraising in donkey's spot there is basically the same IMO.