PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars Milestone Hand Promotion

Dennisa
12-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Any Thoughts? Looks like they changed it enough to not be able to just sit and fold this time. If we can get a good group we could just all sit at a high stakes 6 max table and moake sure everyone just folds to the bigblind. Make everyone even after we are all done. PM me if you want to get a group together, it looks like milestone hands will be every 3-6 hours (1 million hands)

Dennisa

mbpoker
12-22-2006, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it looks like milestone hands will be every 3-6 hours (1 million hands)

[/ QUOTE ]

More like every hour, at least in prime time.

Dennisa
12-22-2006, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last promotion was about 5 Million hands per day, I could be wrong. Anyways it should be fun, if every hour, we can get a group together and stay for a while

Chesskid1
12-22-2006, 03:44 PM
MTTs count?

ImsaKidd
12-22-2006, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MTTs count?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it.

MicroBob
12-22-2006, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last promotion was about 5 Million hands per day, I could be wrong. Anyways it should be fun, if every hour, we can get a group together and stay for a while

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's true then I'm guessing it will be slightly less than that this time around.
Those hands went by REALLY fast when you got near the milestone as all the micro-limit auto-fold set ups would go crazy. There just aren't going to be as many of those this time I wouldn't think.

But since I'll be supernova shortly I think there might be enough incentive ($4400 for the winning hand, $1800 to be on that table) to try it at high-stakes.

I'm doubting there will be as much interest this time around though.
And I certainly am not going to feel like I'm missing out on THAT much EV if I just decide to play my regular games instead and still have that chance of hitting it.

JackOfSpeed
12-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Dennis, I can't organize a group, but I will probably be in later tonight (9:30pm or later probably) for a while if anyone else starts one up. Keep me posted (via PM, here, or whatever)

Sniper
12-22-2006, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that the amount of traffic on the site has increased...

MicroBob
12-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Seems like it's a lot more than 5-million per day.

I've seen 3 milestone hands since 7:30 eastern.
So that's about a million an hour.

Wow. Guess I just never noticed.

All three winners so far must have been on the micros because they got $250 each.
Did I hear somebody say RIGGED?!?!?!?!

Prodigy54321
12-22-2006, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

All three winners so far must have been on the micros because they got $250 each.

[/ QUOTE ]

one was at a 5/10 table I think..not sure if that is limit or NL, but I think it said that the winner of the hand won something like $3500

cameronw01
12-23-2006, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hit at 25/50NL. But it was HU at the time, so....

MicroBob
12-23-2006, 12:44 AM
I thought I saw all of them said $250 but I wasn't really paying attention.

Are the heads-up tables excluded?
What happened on that last one at 25/50 NL?

cameronw01
12-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Lee Jones turned up, the winner got either 2400 or 3400. Roman was the other player in the hand.

It wasn't a heads up table, just a regular table which had become HU.

Ali shmali
12-23-2006, 04:57 AM
anyone have info on the promo? I went to their site but they have no linky's explaining it.

Silent A
12-23-2006, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone have info on the promo? I went to their site but they have no linky's explaining it.

[/ QUOTE ]

HERE (http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/5th-anniversary/)

Silent A
12-23-2006, 05:49 AM
I guess I was something of the ring leader last time, but I can't really be all that active this time around. My father-in-law is over for the holidays and he has this hang-up about gambling. Maybe later after he's gone home.

My other problem right now is that my account on stars is a bit light right now, and you really need to be on the higher stakes tables to get a good bonus. 5/10 limit is the absolute max that I could multi table.

Oh, and dennisa, why do you think we can't just sit out like last time? I haven't seen anything that would suggest that this would be a problem.

Rotating Rabbit
12-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Surely if you keep track of what hand # it is and if you are lucky enough to be on the table that is the special hand # then you should open push allin preflop with any 2 ?

Dennisa
12-23-2006, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I was something of the ring leader last time, but I can't really be all that active this time around. My father-in-law is over for the holidays and he has this hang-up about gambling. Maybe later after he's gone home.

My other problem right now is that my account on stars is a bit light right now, and you really need to be on the higher stakes tables to get a good bonus. 5/10 limit is the absolute max that I could multi table.

Oh, and dennisa, why do you think we can't just sit out like last time? I haven't seen anything that would suggest that this would be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we would need a very tight group this time. IIRC you would loose a few blinds here and there. Provided we get a good group that should not be a problem.

On the up side I am leaving for Vegas on Sunday and staying thru Wednesday night. I'll bring my laptop, and when I am babysitting (14 and 10 year old, so more like staying in their room while they are playing Wii and watching movies) I can be online but my hours will be curtailed.

Also I was part of the Class of 2001, they just upgraded my status to Platnum, so whatever group I am in if yall let me win the big hand I will split it evenly.

Dennisa

Ali shmali
12-23-2006, 03:37 PM
why are you guys saying the stakes matter? the brief info on the site said they pay out depending on your vip status. Meaning a supernova would get the same pay out if he was on the micro tables.

ImsaKidd
12-23-2006, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why are you guys saying the stakes matter? the brief info on the site said they pay out depending on your vip status. Meaning a supernova would get the same pay out if he was on the micro tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the site again.

5thStreetHog
12-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I think they just add to the stated prize some depending on your VIP status Ali.

RikaKazak
12-23-2006, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Surely if you keep track of what hand # it is and if you are lucky enough to be on the table that is the special hand # then you should open push allin preflop with any 2 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the stakes...NL 25 and I'm PUSHING

NL5K 9 handed...UTG and I have a $12K stack....I'm not open pushing especially if 3-4 guys cover me and are behind to act.

Ali shmali
12-23-2006, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the site again.

[/ QUOTE ]

there have been no linky's. I finally got one though.
pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/5th-anniversary

edit: wtf, the html is acting funny. but there's the url

Lee Jones
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lee Jones turned up, the winner got either 2400 or 3400. Roman was the other player in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was kinda interesting, because they didn't notice (or didn't care) that the winner would get a big bonus. They played the hand very hard, with Empire2000 [1] ultimately folding.

You should be able to reach the promotion page here. (http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/5th-anniversary/)

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[1] A noted low-limit grinder /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MicroBob
12-23-2006, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the site again.

[/ QUOTE ]

there have been no linky's. I finally got one though.
pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/5th-anniversary

edit: wtf, the html is acting funny. but there's the url

[/ QUOTE ]

ali - the link had already been posted in the thread.
Lee just posted it again.

To find such stuff from the lobby you can 'help' and then 'news'.
Right there in the pop-up about the promo is a blue linky for it.

you're a smart girl, I know you would have figured out such stuff eventually.
for your purposes I don't believe this promo is terribly exciting because the prizes aren't very high at the micro and low stakes which, I believe, is where you play.

I'm kind of enjoying it at the medium stakes as a supernova though.
I have always hit these milestone promos pretty hard. I've yet to hit on a single freaking one. Came within 1 hand a couple times and within 5 hands on several occasions.

Not doing the auto-fold thing this time around because I don't think there's a group doing it and I'd just rather play and try to make some dough anyway.
They're going so fast anyway that I'm not sure that the auto-fold stuff really has much value over playing 'regular'.