PDA

View Full Version : Party Rake

Jim14Qc
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey, I've been mining party for a week or two now (untill I'm done clearing the few bonuses I'm on now and move to party to take the full deposit bonus) and I noticed that rake for a 5$ pot was 0.50$.. is it just me or is that sort of high for a $1/$2 game?? Is this commong at other sites too and I haven't been paying attention or what? It seems like at $9 stars' rake is still at 0.25$...

flowerizzle
12-19-2006, 06:05 PM
dont play at party.

Hume
12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont play at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont post

ninenine_zoe
12-19-2006, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I've been mining party for a week or two now (untill I'm done clearing the few bonuses I'm on now and move to party to take the full deposit bonus) and I noticed that rake for a 5$ pot was 0.50$.. is it just me or is that sort of high for a $1/$2 game?? Is this commong at other sites too and I haven't been paying attention or what? It seems like at $9 stars' rake is still at 0.25$...

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah at .5/1 and 1/2 the rake 0.50 when the pot reaches 5$. pretty high. dont play at party - if you wanna play .5/1 or 1/2.

Addiction
12-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Party is over son.

Jim14Qc
12-19-2006, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party is over son.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's about as many 1/2 and 2/4 games there in the afternoon as there are at stars. Since I will be playing in the afternoon during the holidays, it's a place I consider.

How about 2/4? Is the rake more bearable there?

cassette
12-19-2006, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party is over son.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Because you can't play there anymore? Party is better than ever and I would be there in a second if I could get rakeback.

Antti
12-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Was OP datamining the BBJ tables by any chance?

Jim14Qc
12-20-2006, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was OP datamining the BBJ tables by any chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't mine those at all unless there's less than 4 normal tables.

Lawman
12-20-2006, 08:12 AM
The rake has always been $0.5 for a $5 pot at Party (at least as long as I can remember). Ipoker network moved to the same structure a while back. primas and paradies are still $0.25

12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
I was thinking about $1-$2 and have been looking but faced that rake problem. It's huge even if they get the Italian and Spanish gaming licenses next year. One is badly in need of the rakeback deal there (it should also be a rakeback one really gets and doesn't get extra bad beats because of it) but as they are not a private business they may not give it while they have been tight in giving anything to players (they increased their rake when they became the number one, they and or their skins dropped the rakeback deals [one should still look into them if one could get the rakeback deal and they are skins of Party, though they may not have the lisences for Italy and Spain but that remains to be seen], and one never gets any bonus money or at least I never did after several tries but steadily lost that amount during the bonus play, just getting my normal winnings).

Then I lately saw a major increase on the number of players there at low limits; just a little time ago there wasn't even half the players they got now. Their games are also tight at 1-2 (0.5-1 offers something the 1-2 was when it was the lowest 6-max game) though one may find a looser game (many are often at the jackpot tables but the rake is then maybe the biggest on net and one better play lotto). It has been suspect of bots and there has been evidence. They have now training bots too, and a poker school, and may or may not offer preflop play advice (some skin offered a top level in the past while the one at Party now may not be all that good).

The 2-4 rake starts as at good places at $20, but then they take an extra 50c at $30 and $50. But in case the games get better next year (though the increase of what looks like bots lately is not saying all that good, but still) it should be worth playing, though it would be much better for the NL players.