PDA

View Full Version : Best Poker Stars Bonus?

Heavens_Myst
12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
So about 4 months ago I came to this site ready to start playing poker but I became caught up with school and what not so I decided to wait until break.

I continued to read here a lot and think I've learned a good amount since then and am ready to get going.

With regards to BR I will be putting in $500.

How should I do this with netteller? I don't have a credit card, just a Check Card (Debit) from my bank. Do they offer a bonus or anything?

I am going to play on Poker Stars, what bonus should I sign up for? (PM me if you have some good offer/do they even have unmentionable?)

I will be playing .10/.20, is that max buyin of 20 or 25?

Besides Poker Tracker/PAHUD what program may be useful to me?

I plan on playing over 10 hours a day, moving up when I have 20-25x buyins for each level, and this would last 5-6 days a week for a month.

I can't wait to start posting hands and thoughts in MSNL/SSNL too!

(PS yes I used to play a lot of RTS/MMORPGS if you recognize the name, don't be shy to send a PM)

Thanks for any input /images/graemlins/smile.gif crossposting in internet bonuses too.

ncboiler
12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Welcome.

You can't go wrong with Neteller although they don't offer a bonus.

I think Stars offers a $50 sign up bonus and I doubt you will get a better offer through an affiliate. I could be wrong however.

I'm not sure what you mean by the next question as far as 0.10/0.20 max buy in. Generally speaking you should not play at a level unless you have 300BB's for that level. You could play 0.50/1 with a BR of $500. Actually I just saw you are playing NL. I'm not sure what the requirements are for NL

Poker Tracker and PAHUD are great. You really don't need anything else. Stars Planner is also very good. Search for it on this site.

10 hours per day sounds good but it's doubtful you will be able to do it. A lot of people have illusions of grandeur when they say they are going to be playing 8, 9, 10, 12 hours per day but I doubt many pull it off. You will get burned out and will not be able to focus for that long even with extended beaks during the session.

Good Luck

ninenine_zoe
12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
afaik, poker stars through rakereduction (http://www.rakereduction.com/poker-stars.php) is the best deal currently available. dont think you will be able to clear a lot of the bonus at NL25 or .1/.2 and yeah neteller is the way to go.
good luck.

Gallopin Gael
12-19-2006, 12:32 AM
I've heard that some people get an online savings account (like the ING Orange savings) and tie that into their neteller account.

That would give you access to neteller and then when the money you could have the $$ earning interest when it's not sitting in your poker account