PDA

View Full Version : My account was illegally entered into...

ErnieSIrwin
02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey all,

My party poker account was hacked into, and a $6,000 deposit made on my credit. Immediately after, the money was lost to another account.

I call Party up today, and they tell me they will do what they can, but I might end up owing the money.

In which case, I say "[censored] you."

Does anyone here have similar stories, or know what could happen?

I closed my bank account (before the transaction processed) so that my account wouldn't be negatively charged the 6 grand.

Say they can't recover the money and they try to pin it on me.

What can Party Poker do if I don't pay?

-Ernie S. Irwin

Rick305
02-04-2006, 07:56 PM
what type of payment method lets someone deposit 6000 in your account without the money being taken out of your bank account in real time?

further if you dont pay they surely will freeze your pp account, but ofther tan that nothing will happen to you

ErnieSIrwin
02-05-2006, 12:27 AM
PP was linked to my bank account, and for some reason I guess they just figured I keep a lot in it -- even though I'm a fresh out of college 19 year old.

...right.

Anyways, yeah my PP account is frozen, and they are conducting an "investigation".

Whatever. As far as I am concerned, they can [censored] themselves. I looked through their little agreement, and it mentions nothing of legal action in those regards, so I'm probably fine.

-Ernie S. Irwin

mbishop
02-05-2006, 04:02 AM
Just curious, which method links directly to your bank account? I've only ever used Neteller, which requires a PIN to be entered when making a deposit.

Nomad84
02-05-2006, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, which method links directly to your bank account? I've only ever used Neteller, which requires a PIN to be entered when making a deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like IGMPay to me.

TheJunkyardGod
02-05-2006, 05:46 PM
You'll probably have collection agencies looking for you soon enough. My friend lost a ton and then cancelled his bank account before the transaction could go through the next day.

Nothing happened but almost a year later he recieved a letter that if he didnt pay his balance (plus fines) he would be charged with Check Fraud.

I would do what you can to prove that this was in fact NOT YOU who made this deposit and lost the money. I suppose if you can get hand histories to look at collusion or something would help.

blackize
02-06-2006, 12:37 AM
You are liable for any charges made to your account before it was closed. It doesn't matter when it gets processed. As junkyard said, try to prove it wasnt you.

yellowdoyle
02-06-2006, 08:57 PM
I also use IGMpay and have thought about this possibility. Neteller is another option, but they have a service charge each time you have a transaction right? That is the only reason why I do not use them more often.

Can someone clear this up for me? Fees, no fees, depending on transaction, etc.

Note - play on party and stars, if that matters.

Benholio
02-07-2006, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also use IGMpay and have thought about this possibility. Neteller is another option, but they have a service charge each time you have a transaction right? That is the only reason why I do not use them more often.

Can someone clear this up for me? Fees, no fees, depending on transaction, etc.

Note - play on party and stars, if that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller only charges fees for "InstaCASH", which takes money from your bank account to a third party instantly. Normal electronic transfers (EFT's) do not have any fees associated with them. It takes a day or two for money to get transferred from bank->neteller or neteller->bank this way, but once the money is in neteller you can deposit it to a poker site instantly with this (free) method.

I Love Cupcakes
02-26-2006, 04:23 AM
I just had someone one enter my neteller account, and withdraw my maximun (750US) from my bank acount. I went to withdrawl money, and noticed the missing amount -- then went to check transaction history online -- tried to login to my neteller account and it has been closed. All in one day.
I do remember filling my accnt. id, secure id, and password for some give away with Full Tilt that I saw in the table chat (by an observer)
Has anyone heard of this, or have any explaination, or info???

Chlamidiac
02-26-2006, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just had someone one enter my neteller account, and withdraw my maximun (750US) from my bank acount. I went to withdrawl money, and noticed the missing amount -- then went to check transaction history online -- tried to login to my neteller account and it has been closed. All in one day.
I do remember filling my accnt. id, secure id, and password for some give away with Full Tilt that I saw in the table chat (by an observer)

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hope you are joking

Fabian
02-26-2006, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hope you are joking

[/ QUOTE ]

The table chat/observer is such a giveaway.

Str8Fish
02-26-2006, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It WAS a giveaway... you GAVE it away.

Abbaddabba
02-26-2006, 09:18 PM
FREE TSHIRT GIVEAWAY.. JUST ENTER YOUR CREDITCARD NUMBER AND EXPIRY DATE!!!

Name:
CC:
Exp:

SEND [/mailto: scamartist@hotmail.com[

Alexisonfyre
02-26-2006, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Ever thought that this was a scam...?

RickyG
02-28-2006, 08:24 PM
you guys are all suckers. It was his first post.

PokerBility
03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
another one bites the dust.