PDA

View Full Version : Going All-In with an overpair (no strategy)

ItalianFX
01-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Stage #284504132 Tourney ID 60429 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $50 - 2006-01-03 00:23:25 (ET)
Table: 5023997 (Real Money) Seat #7 is the dealer

*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to ITALIANFX [K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif]
Folds
Villain Calls $100
Folds
Folds
Folds
ITALIANFX - Raises $300 to $350
Folds
Villain Calls $250
*** FLOP *** [Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
ITALIANFX - Checks
Villain Bets $400
ITALIANFX - All-In(Raise) $2675 to $2675
Villain All-In $395
ITALIANFX - returned ($1880) : not called
Villain shows A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif
*** TURN *** [Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
*** RIVER *** [10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

Was I right for going all-in since I had him covered and had the overpair?

This post is not for strategy, but because I am not normally a NL player.
Was this catch on the Turn just a part of playing NL? Or was I wrong for going all-in against him? I mean, I know I can't predict a card like that coming, but should I have not been so aggressive?

yvesaint
01-03-2006, 01:36 AM
this catch on the turn is part of playing poker

how long have you been playing poker ...

its also funny how you say "no strategy" then ask whether the push on the flop was correct

and yes, that push is very very correct.

BigPoppa
01-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Would it have been correct if they'd had similar stacks?

I've done the same thing with an overpair only to run into 2 pair here, especially since people love to play QJ.

I think overcommitting to big pairs is a massive leak for me.

jgunnip
01-03-2006, 01:42 AM
fold preflop to avoid suckouts.

ItalianFX
01-03-2006, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this catch on the turn is part of playing poker

how long have you been playing poker ...

its also funny how you say "no strategy" then ask whether the push on the flop was correct

and yes, that push is very very correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see it as strategy within the hand, only if I made the correct play.

You just love getting on me, dont you? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

yvesaint
01-03-2006, 01:44 AM
well its very obvious from a lot of your posts you are a beginner, and i just love ragging on beginners

runner4life7
01-03-2006, 01:45 AM
this might be the worst serious post ive seen in a while, what was your other option, fold? people like you dont deserve kings.

ItalianFX
01-03-2006, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this might be the worst serious post ive seen in a while, what was your other option, fold? people like you dont deserve kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down. I could have just called, you know there are 3 options, Raise, Call, Fold. Besides folding, I had 2 options.

ItalianFX
01-03-2006, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well its very obvious from a lot of your posts you are a beginner, and i just love ragging on beginners

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am a beginner, and learning wrecklessly. I always give my opponent too much credit when I fold, and not enough when I play. Not to mention I rarely play NL.

Just made it ITM, 2nd in chips.

GtrHtr
01-03-2006, 01:58 AM
This is a bad beat post, I'm sorry, move on.

yvesaint
01-03-2006, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down. I could have just called, you know there are 3 options, Raise, Call, Fold. Besides folding, I had 2 options.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had 400 more after his bet. if you call, theres already about 1500 in the pot, seriously, the only option is all-in.

ItalianFX
01-03-2006, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it isnt. haha I think it's a "I'm going to say something stupid so I can up my post count" response.

ItalianFX
01-03-2006, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he had 400 more after his bet. if you call, theres already about 1500 in the pot, seriously, the only option is all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I don't normally play NL so I don't know these types of things.

Anyways, I finished 3rd.

Gnight.

GtrHtr
01-03-2006, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it isnt. haha I think it's a "I'm going to say something stupid so I can up my post count" response.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are shallow, go away.

ALReturnsLOL
01-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Lol,
that quote is going on my profile. I know the feeling /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FUJItheFISH
01-03-2006, 02:07 AM
omigosh ive never seen anything like this ever.

Insty
01-03-2006, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop to avoid suckouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bang584
01-03-2006, 11:34 AM
When my opponent holds AQ and I hold KK on that flop, I push all-in until I go broke. Of course, I'd have the bankroll to back me if the Q or A falls. By the way, that bankroll was built up from other idiots calling for all their money when they held top pair and I held the overpair.