PDA

View Full Version : Balla laydown; and I was right

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $45</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($155, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $110</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($485, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($485, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $366</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $366 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $485

Villan confirmed having JT

Slider
12-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Why'd you check the turn?

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 12:06 AM
thoughts explained in msnl but I agree in the end that checking turn is not optimal, however it isnt that bad.

edit: very crucial to understanding [censored] in this hand is that sb has only 180 left after flop call.

KRANTZ
12-17-2006, 12:07 AM
c/r river AI, he folds JT fearing flush and you go on to win WSOP

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Actually, I typed

" I got a monster Kyle, a [censored] monster, and Im going to lay it down. Because you rivered the nut straight"

" The [censored] you lay that down"

AHAH oreos mutha [censored]

billyjex
12-17-2006, 12:12 AM
meh good laydown but not really a balla laydown

need at least QQ for this to be balla

hoppscot22
12-17-2006, 12:12 AM
wonderful turn check

KRANTZ
12-17-2006, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
meh good laydown but not really a balla laydown

need at least QQ for this to be balla

[/ QUOTE ]

77=QQ=KK

NT!
the turn check is much more baller in that it displays an utter disregard for mobneiz

jfish
gotta laydown Kxss to impress me, ahnuld!

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the turn check is much more baller in that it displays an utter disregard for mobneiz

[/ QUOTE ]

and im jewish. balla +10

snagglepuss
12-17-2006, 03:29 AM
here is hot fold by theusher in five diamonds event yest.

tourney chump open in ep. usher calls 99. blinds fold. hu.
flop k33. chk-chk. turn 9. bet-raise-3bet-call. river 2. shove. usher mucks face up. kk not witnessed, but claimed/confirmed.

Wools
12-17-2006, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
here is hot fold by theusher in five diamonds event yest.

tourney chump open in ep. usher calls 99. blinds fold. hu.
flop k33. chk-chk. turn 9. bet-raise-3bet-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, do they make limit tournaments?

snagglepuss
12-17-2006, 04:00 AM
NO LIMIT CADDICAL OF POKER

iggymcfly
12-17-2006, 04:24 AM
I cannot imagine a single reason why OP would possibly check the turn here. This looks more like a terribly played hand than a "balla laydown".

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 04:24 AM
HU for rolls. Im drunk and it still stands

absoludicrous
12-17-2006, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thoughts explained in msnl but I agree in the end that checking turn is not optimal, however it isnt that bad.

edit: very crucial to understanding [censored] in this hand is that sb has only 180 left after flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read your MSNL post. But based off this thread alone, I'll ask a few things, because I think checking the turn sucks.

How is checking the turn anything but awful when you have two spades, and two broadway cards on the board?

You didn't get raised on the flop, what makes you think anyone else is going to take the lead and put money in the pot?

WORKAMENTS
12-17-2006, 04:41 AM
bet the turn

LetsHugItOut
12-17-2006, 04:50 AM
The fold is impressive enough, but I feel like OP should probably have bet the turn. What does everyone else think?

absoludicrous
12-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Had OP bet the turn, this post would have never occured.

jfish
12-17-2006, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HU for rolls. Im drunk and it still stands

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif. gl if it goes down, though i doubt it will.

HossTheBoss
12-17-2006, 04:54 AM
how you didn't bet that turn is beyond me

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 04:55 AM
n the turn I check to him expecting him to bet all kings so the short stacked player pays him off, especially since id be likely to bet most hands with a K or better in my spot too. It really looks like I gave up so any hand that has decent showdown value (strong Q or K) I expect to bet here.

I give up on pots too much imo on the turn and sometimes I like to make CRes on turns like this to keep people from running me out of pots on the turn. Checking the turn here isnt great I admit, but if he bets I can call and lead river or I can make a CR allin. The pots pretty big by the turn so any bet I make gets a fold from alot of hands I think he has here. If he commits alot of his stack with a strong K its hard to laydown for the extra 400 left. or if he makes a kinda bluff with a Q he would have folded that turn my turn lead anyways. Or he could bet a draw and then have to call. But yeah, leading is probably best in this spot.

absoludicrous
12-17-2006, 05:00 AM
ahnuld, what do you do if he bets, you call, and the same river hits?

There are just so many cards that kill your action, and make your hand the 50th nuts.

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 05:05 AM
strategy in BBV? WTF! Anyways, if he bets, getting some sort of CR in here is fine. Also there are few cards other than A or 9 which suck. For example if he cheks turn he never has KQ here so any card but 9 or A is basically the nuts.

Fedfan691
12-17-2006, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
n the turn I check to him expecting him to bet all kings so the short stacked player pays him off, especially since id be likely to bet most hands with a K or better in my spot too. It really looks like I gave up so any hand that has decent showdown value (strong Q or K) I expect to bet here.

I give up on pots too much imo on the turn and sometimes I like to make CRes on turns like this to keep people from running me out of pots on the turn. Checking the turn here isnt great I admit, but if he bets I can call and lead river or I can make a CR allin. The pots pretty big by the turn so any bet I make gets a fold from alot of hands I think he has here. If he commits alot of his stack with a strong K its hard to laydown for the extra 400 left. or if he makes a kinda bluff with a Q he would have folded that turn my turn lead anyways. Or he could bet a draw and then have to call. But yeah, leading is probably best in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of this makes sense, it just seems like you couldn't have picked a worse board to do this on.

ahnuld
12-17-2006, 05:12 AM
fed,

Actually, this is a great board to do this on. He's not taking one off with AJ or AT. He has to call off too much of his stack on the flop to ever make that profitable. Due to the fact that there is only one draw out there and it is really obvious when it hits, this is the perfect board to do it on. But like I said, a turn bet is better.

dohduh
12-17-2006, 08:35 AM
I think the turn check is obvious because nine of spades is coming on the river. Save lots of monies against the draws...

Louis Vuitton
12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
beat: Hero checks

kickpushcoast
12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

back in the 60s NASA spent millions of dollars developing pens that would write in zero gravity. the russians just used pencils

SkinnyLittleTwig
12-17-2006, 09:20 AM
^^^ potw right there

absoludicrous
12-17-2006, 09:27 AM
I wonder if OP purposely checked the turn here, hoping a 9 or A would peel off so he could fold his set, and post it in BBV.

Daddy Warbucks
12-17-2006, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

back in the 60s NASA spent millions of dollars developing pens that would write in zero gravity. the russians just used pencils

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not actually true.

absoludicrous
12-17-2006, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not actually true.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ruined BBV.

Daddy Warbucks
12-17-2006, 09:41 AM
The irony of this post just knocked me out of my chair.

absoludicrous
12-17-2006, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The irony of this post just knocked me out of my chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, there's no reason to make a post saying "that's not true", how [censored] nitty are you?

kickpushcoast's post was funny. You just pulled your pants to your ankles, squated, and took a [censored] on it.

SkinnyLittleTwig
12-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Doesn't matter, it's still potw. great analogy.