PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 8/b hand I witnessed

MichaelOar
01-03-2006, 01:16 AM
What do you guys think of 5th st here?

Michael

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street - (2.55 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___raises___calls

Alchemist
01-03-2006, 01:27 AM
I'd say each has a made hand but doesn't believe the other. However Seat 6 is in good shape if he's got a flush plus one or two babies in the hole. Of course at $10/20 there could be a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Howard Beale
01-03-2006, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of 5th st here?

Michael

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street - (2.55 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___raises___calls

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like seat 5 has made his low and might have a straight 8. Seat 6 liked his draw enough to bet into the 3pc. low board and call a re-raise. His most likely hand here is 4 to the lower than an 8 and a flush draw. Both hands have to go to the river sweating the whole way.

btw, I don't like seat 5's call on 4th at all.

benwood
01-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Seat 5 could have a 5,7 in the hole.When seat 6 3-bet it,he raised again hoping to get a free card on 6th or either bet 6th if his oppponent hit a brick.

Howard Beale
01-03-2006, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 5 could have a 5,7 in the hole.When seat 6 3-bet it,he raised again hoping to get a free card on 6th or either bet 6th if his oppponent hit a brick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he could have 5,7 in the hole but there are 2 sevens out. Wouldn't you think that seat 5 should be worried here? I don't like his play from 4th onwards. When seat 6 re-raised on 5th into the possible made low what should that tell seat 5? Seat 6 may have the flush and be on a freeroll to a better low. At the least seat 6 has a monster draw.

benwood
01-03-2006, 03:33 AM
No,I don't like seat 5's play either.I was just trying to take my best guess as to what he was doing.

getfunky
01-03-2006, 04:45 PM
yes it's a reckless reraise on 5th. I'd call and then raise 6th if flushy hit offsuit brick. If flushy then bet into me on river I just call. Is it possible reckless guy has limped in with a small pair in the whole and is gambling with trips?

Howard Beale
01-04-2006, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes it's a reckless reraise on 5th. I'd call and then raise 6th if flushy hit offsuit brick. If flushy then bet into me on river I just call. Is it possible reckless guy has limped in with a small pair in the whole and is gambling with trips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Entirely possible and it makes his play more understandable. We are speculating with very little information. If the OP had given us some info as to what he thought of the players abilities it would've been helpful.

Andy B
01-04-2006, 02:10 AM
I believe that I was the guy with 486 if that helps you any.