PDA

View Full Version : 5 Diamond World Poker Classic Main Event - Roll Call

12-13-2006, 02:52 AM
I'll be out there starting tomorrow afternoon and will be staying through next Tuesday. Who else plans to be at the FT with me?

Ian J
12-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Here and won my seat today in a super. Saw Colson today too. GL Kramer. Did you win a sat or buying in?

12-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Won 3 WPT seats in the Borgata Ultimate Super Satellite a few months back. No way I'd throw down $15K for a friggin' tournament (not that I wouldn't want to though).

We're trying to get a few people together to meet up for some drinks tonight (preferably at the Bellagio).

lacky (et al) and MrTimCaum (and maybe bugstud) have expressed interest. ( MTTC link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8381270&an=0&page=0#Post 8381270) )

Time to grab some grub!

12-13-2006, 11:32 PM
This is a weak roll call.

shaniac
12-14-2006, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt't think I was playing, but I'll be playing.

Stupid academic question: Since they're allowing signups until day 2, level 2, do you think day 2 will be a softer field?

pig4bill
12-14-2006, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here and won my seat today in a super. Saw Colson today too. GL Kramer. Did you win a sat or buying in?

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the super like? Entry fee, number of entries, and number of seats they gave away?

ZeeJustin
12-14-2006, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid academic question: Since they're allowing signups until day 2, level 2, do you think day 2 will be a softer field?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmmm. Instinctively I thought day 2 would be tougher. For the pros, a WPT is "not that big of a deal" so they are more likely to fly in a day later. Same logic goes for if you regester for a tournament 15 minutes late and end up at a table w/ only other late signups. It's usually a pretty tough table.

P.S. I'll be there obv.

shaniac
12-14-2006, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmmm. Instinctively I thought day 2 would be tougher. For the pros, a WPT is "not that big of a deal" so they are more likely to fly in a day later. Same logic goes for if you regester for a tournament 15 minutes late and end up at a table w/ only other late signups. It's usually a pretty tough table.

P.S. I'll be there obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. This is a 15K event, the 2nd biggest buyin tournament of the year. I think 10K WPT events are kind of a big deal to pros and that this is a bigger deal than most.

2. Fly in from where? Everyone lives in Vegas or CA.

3. All the single table winners from tomororw will play on Day 2.

4. I assume a bunch of pros bought in well in advance, but I have no idea if they were put on day 1 primarily, or evenly distributed. Probably the latter. I think the satellite influx will tip the balance in favor of a softer day 2.

Anyway, who knows, who cares. Gl everyone.

Ian J
12-14-2006, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the super like? Entry fee, number of entries, and number of seats they gave away?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Super on Tuesday had 480 players, was $1590 to enter, gave away 44 seats and $13,500 for 45th. Wednesday was the same but had almost 600 entries and gave 55 seats.

timex
12-14-2006, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. This is a 15K event, the 2nd biggest buyin tournament of the year. I think 10K WPT events are kind of a big deal to pros and that this is a bigger deal than most.

[/ QUOTE ]

WPT championships, 50k horsament, 2-7 5k rebuy

12-14-2006, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit.

Anyway, the second heat will be an easier field because I am in it.

Double Eagle
12-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Just got off the phone with Nordberg, who is not terribly happy to be sitting to the right of both Kramer and ImSoLucky...

12-16-2006, 02:22 AM
He was to my left and ImSoLucky's right. Roothlus was at the table also.

Anyway, I run bad at live events. Went out on the second to last hand of the day. Nordberg and ImSoLucky both went out like gentlemen on bad beats. Poker kinda sucks.

lacky
12-16-2006, 07:54 AM
I spent the day sitting between erica shoenburg (sp?) and allan cunningham. ended day one with 75K. hoping, hoping....

A_Junglen
12-17-2006, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monte Carlo /images/graemlins/frown.gif

lacky
12-17-2006, 08:47 AM
i made it up to 120k, then got knocked down some before busting 138th, 38 from the money, in the last 5 hands of day 2. Fiery Justice busto'd maybe 5 min before I did. mtt's are rigged, clearly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif