PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse of Peter

Prodigy54321
12-12-2006, 03:11 PM
On the History channel a couple weeks ago, they went into some detail about the Apocalypse of Peter...they mentioned..

-it seems to have been widely read (and accepted) for some time..and was considered for the Canon..basically that it almost made it into our bible today.

-upon the revalation of the vivid description of hell, Peter says that he is extrememly uneasy with this eternal torture..then Jesus tells him that everyone will eventually be forgiven...that it really isn't for an eternity..but he tells Peter that this must be kept a secret (for obvious reasons.)

upon searching I came upon this..I have no clue as to how reputable this source is, but here's what at least some poeple have concluded.

apocalypse of Peter on answering-christianity.com (http://www.answering-christianity.com/nt_confirms_apocalypse_of_peter.htm)

among the stunning statements is...

"The real Jesus was sitting on the tree, while the false servant was on the cross!"

it also gives evidence that the new testament supports that peter was the only one to witness the crucifiction and that the Apocalypse or Peter, was indeed spoken by him.

------------------------------------

this whole thing has gotten me confused...

I guess nearly all christians just dismiss it..which I guess is fine for them, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be considered just as worthy a source as the rest of the books in the bible...unless of course they believe that the current books of the bible are there because they are the real ones and god influenced which ones are there today..

the show in the history channed and a couple sites I looked at said that it was almost considered over the book of relelation..

go.

Prodigy54321
12-12-2006, 03:46 PM
umm.. I just realized that the site I linked to is a site in support of Islam..not that this means that its info is not true..but, well..it's probably biased /images/graemlins/grin.gif

feel free to still comment on any of it, but you can just ignore that and respond to what I said..was said on the history channel show...or any comment on the Apocalypse of Peter.

MidGe
12-13-2006, 03:06 AM
Don't get confused... It is only another word of god, nothing special about it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

benjdm
12-13-2006, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
feel free to still comment on any of it, but you can just ignore that and respond to what I said..was said on the history channel show...or any comment on the Apocalypse of Peter.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you really want to look into it, I'd start here:

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/apocalypsepeter.html

Prodigy54321
12-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I want to bump this thread because I'm still quite confused..anyone at all have an opinion on the Apocalypse of Peter?

how are we to reconcile the part where Jesus tells him that people will not be in hell forever?

the idea of infinite punishment for finite sins seems to be a hot issue around here, so I am curious