PDA

View Full Version : QJs gives two pair, OOP with a 4 card straight on board

VorShot
12-10-2006, 04:20 PM
CO is pretty tight. Not many hands (i think 30 at this point) His stats so far are 10/10 which leads me to think we're looking at the top hands.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.45
CO: $10.90
Button: $15.20
SB: $8.30
VorShot: $15.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) VorShot is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.35</font>, Button calls, SB folds, VorShot calls $0.25 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.85)</font>.
<font color="blue"> OOP, and considering villians range, maybe calling with QJs isn't a great idea.</font>

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.1, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2.2</font>, Button folds, VorShot calls $1.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $4.4)</font>.
<font color="blue"> Considering that he raised my bet, i'm not sure where i stand. I have a bad problem of check/calling when i'm not sure where i stand.</font>

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.5, 2 players)
VorShot checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3.2</font>, VorShot calls $3.2 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $8.7)</font>.
<font color="blue"> Pretty horrible card for me. If he was being brave with AK, he just made Gin, but KK is sure a possible holding as well...but so is AA and AQ. </font>

River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.9, 2 players)
VorShot...
<font color="blue"> As played, is this a check/call or check/fold?</font>

wslee00
12-10-2006, 05:51 PM
re-raise flop, try to get it all-in on turn.

As played, I push and let him make a tough call with his AQ, AA. If he has KK, he has my money.

Dennisa
12-10-2006, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is pretty tight. Not many hands (i think 30 at this point) His stats so far are 10/10 which leads me to think we're looking at the top hands.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.45
CO: $10.90
Button: $15.20
SB: $8.30
VorShot: $15.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) VorShot is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.35</font>, Button calls, SB folds, VorShot calls $0.25 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.85)</font>.
<font color="blue"> OOP, and considering villians range, maybe calling with QJs isn't a great idea.</font>

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.1, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2.2</font>, Button folds, VorShot calls $1.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $4.4)</font>.
<font color="blue"> Considering that he raised my bet, i'm not sure where i stand. I have a bad problem of check/calling when i'm not sure where i stand.</font>

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.5, 2 players)
VorShot checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3.2</font>, VorShot calls $3.2 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $8.7)</font>.
<font color="blue"> Pretty horrible card for me. If he was being brave with AK, he just made Gin, but KK is sure a possible holding as well...but so is AA and AQ. </font>

River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.9, 2 players)
VorShot...
<font color="blue"> As played, is this a check/call or check/fold?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate the way you played the flop. You bet, and he mini raises you. If you are cool calling with qj, what flop do you want? I think I pot 3 bet to try to end hand right here. I fold to a 4 bet as you wold see and Set/flopped str8 often. I also just ck/fold the turn if he calls your 3 bet, you are hosed out of position.

VorShot
12-10-2006, 08:35 PM
you're right. I'm not sure why i slowed down on the flop.

gimmetheloot
12-11-2006, 12:31 AM
3b flop, as played c/f river.

Shaddux
12-11-2006, 03:13 AM
I 3bet this flop

Genz
12-11-2006, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
re-raise flop, get it all-in right there .

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's too late on the turn. You are only beating AA and AQ here. And these hands will be badly annoyed by that turn card. You are behind the rest of villains range here, actually. Of course you couldn't know that on the flop, but stacks aren't so deep that you can't push and the board is already very coordinated so you are worried about suck-outs or cards killing your action.

Supwithbates
12-11-2006, 08:49 AM
This board is drawy, so yeah, 3-bet it. If the board was a rainbow I don't see villian minraising QT/JT/T9/TT here very often, so on a rainbow board the flop call is fine. There's a post by gigabet or strassa or someone in the MTT anthology about not overplaying your hand's value headsup just to deny odds to a draw. And frankly, 3betting flop folds out the hands we beat against all but the worst donkeys.

The fact that you say he's tight, 10/10, I'm thinking we're up against a set or AsKs (maybe AsTs but it's less likely) enough that I don't think the flop call is quite as ugly as everyone's making it out to be.

On the river, given how this played out, you're not beating much here. This is a pretty thin call and I think a check/fold is correct