PDA

View Full Version : Raise for value ???with runner runner flush on board

HoldenFoldem
12-10-2006, 03:32 PM
My cards have been running hot and i have been controlling play at the table for 1/2 hour or so. Villain was the big Kahuna at table when i got here. I have been showing small bluffs to the table when they worked.
My stats are 29/16/4 here, villains are 65/10/1

Here is the hand:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($9)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($97.95)</font>
SB ($36.50)
BB ($43.60)
UTG ($54.50)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($84.08)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $3, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($14.75) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, MP calls $7.

River: ($28.75) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ????

I'd like to raise here but the runner runner flush cramps my style a bit. If i raise and he then reraises i am pushed off the pot for sure.
On the other hand if i raise, he may think i am bluffing the flush as my hand, and am trying to push him off his hand, and call.

Thoughts on this, and any other comments welcome.

DanJ.
12-10-2006, 03:40 PM
I definitely raise this for value, you have the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif so he cant have called the flop with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/8/T.

I would call a push as well, this villain stats are so terrible he could have a 9 here.

thac
12-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Since you have the ace of spades and two other paint cards of the suit came up, I think it's hard to put him on a flush unless it's K/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif or T/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, and you will most likely get a call from a 9 here. I would make it a smallish raise though, maybe to 22ish. If he shoves, I would probably puke and call.

Mr November
12-10-2006, 03:44 PM
I believe this is a fold. I also believe he is going to call you down if you raise. I don't think he will give you credit for a flush here since you bet the turn. Also I would raise pf since you have position. At this level many people don't fold when they believe they are beat, they call and hope they aren't pretty much when they have any decent peice of the board.

DanJ.
12-10-2006, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe this is a fold. I also believe he is going to call you down if you raise. I don't think he will give you credit for a flush here since you bet the turn. Also I would raise pf since you have position. At this level many people don't fold when they believe they are beat, they call and hope they aren't pretty much when they have any decent peice of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF no way in the world is this a fold getting 4.5:1 with the nut str8.

ye i 3bet preflop also.

thac
12-10-2006, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? He bet 1/4 pot, there's no way in hell I fold to that.

I forgot to say earlier to reraise preflop, but a flat call is okay since you have position, you can let your position do all the work.

dp13368
12-10-2006, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This definitely is not a fold.

HoldenFoldem
12-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Thank you all for your input. I really didn't notice that i had the nut Ace of spades for the flush. I think Mr November did not see the straight i hit on the river.

I did in fact reraise , to exactly 22 as suggested, and villain called with A,Q, but ran down the clock before calling. Thankfully he didn't push. That would have been a really tough decision to make calling that

PS: Anybody know what the chances of making a runner runner flush are ????

wslee00
12-10-2006, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you all for your input. I really didn't notice that i had the nut Ace of spades for the flush. I think Mr November did not see the straight i hit on the river.

I did in fact reraise , to exactly 22 as suggested, and villain called with A,Q, but ran down the clock before calling. Thankfully he didn't push. That would have been a really tough decision to make calling that

PS: Anybody know what the chances of making a runner runner flush are ????

[/ QUOTE ]
You sir are seeing monsters under the bed.

This is definitely a raise on the river, and there is no way he is going to bluff raise you - definitely not at this level.