PDA

View Full Version : Got help on flop but not so big against very aggro opponent

Alexey
12-10-2006, 11:33 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($54.80)
UTG ($8.30)
MP ($134.55) he is 28/17/8 (120 hands)
Button ($91.70)
SB ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $15.5</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero ...

How do you think, may be check-raise here is better? Or check-call and reevaluate river? Villain is very aggro, so how we should adjust?

Unknown Soldier
12-10-2006, 11:37 AM
fold pf, you're drawing to a flush draw/2pr and you arent getting the odds. As played c/f flop. Betting into pfr with middle pair is just reckless.

Alexey
12-10-2006, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold pf, you're drawing to a flush draw/2pr and you arent getting the odds. As played c/f flop. Betting into pfr with middle pair is just reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]
May I ask you: what are the odds should be to correctly call here? I am getting 4.3 to 1 here and I dont think it is bad.

Unknown Soldier
12-10-2006, 11:48 AM
well you're about 8:1 against just hitting a flush draw (flush's dont have very big implied odds either), and hitting 2pr/trips is like 25:1

Gelford
12-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Yep, fold pf, fold flop after the raise ... the lead might be ok.

Keyword here is position ... second is that you have a hand that is easily dominated. Out of position (ei. out of control) with a weak holding spells disaster despite odds.

gimmetheloot
12-10-2006, 11:59 AM
OP: pf is fine. c/f flop. Do not bet if checked to you. As played, very easy muck to the raise.

Alexey
12-10-2006, 12:17 PM
His range here: All overcards J+, all pairs. Don't you think I am ahead?
I think, given his aggressiveness, I had to check-call, and if turn is blank, bet pot.

gimmetheloot
12-10-2006, 12:19 PM
OP. Why are you betting into 3 ppl with 2nd pair?

And considering calling a raise? Keep in mind his raise was with 2 people left to act after him.

Alexey
12-10-2006, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And considering calling a raise? Keep in mind his raise was with 2 people left to act after him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I think my play on flop was incorrect. As played it is clear fold and I actually folded. I think good play here would be to check and call only if I am heads up with PF raiser. In this case I am ahead of his range. Comments welcome.

gimmetheloot
12-10-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I think my play on flop was incorrect. As played it is clear fold and I actually folded. I think good play here would be to check and call only if I am heads up with PF raiser. In this case I am ahead of his range. Comments welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I dont think you should call a bet even if its the pfr who leads. He isnt betting into 4 people with less than an overpair here more than like, 5-10% of the time IMO.

Supwithbates
12-10-2006, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, fold pf, fold flop after the raise ... the lead might be ok.

Keyword here is position ... second is that you have a hand that is easily dominated. Out of position (ei. out of control) with a weak holding spells disaster despite odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind calling with a suited ace in 6max if your opponent is passive because he'll probably give you the odds to draw. But this villian won't give you the odds so don't bother, just own him with sets/2pair etc.