PDA

View Full Version : ($2/5NL - PS - 6M) Bet the Turn?

JackA
12-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Fairly standard PP raise and bet on the flop. I felt like it would have been really too weak to check this flop. I have a decent hand and position. I put out a value bet/c-bet and got called. So either he is on a draw or is slow playing me.

Turn:
I feel I made an error here. I put him on a draw or low PP, although possibly slow-playing a flush with weak cards worried I had him beat. I have this "habit" of c-betting the flop and then checking the turn almost automatically.

I see that his is probably not correct and possibly firing the 2nd barrel would have been better?

River comes and I get a flush, but it is really weak, I think I might have him out-kicked, but probably not, although his bet is very weak. I'm almost certain he has his flush made.

This is one of those hands were I feel like I bumbled around a bit and maybe could have ended it on the turn.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.08
UTG+1: $0.85
CO: $3.19
JackA: $5.05
SB: $1.53
BB: $1.29

Pre-flop: (6 players) JackA is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">JackA raises to $0.08</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.18, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">JackA bets $0.13</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.44, 2 players)
SB checks, JackA checks.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.44, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.14</font>, JackA calls.

Results:
Final pot: $0.72
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed As Jc</font>

gimmetheloot
12-10-2006, 10:17 AM
check the flop sir.

No need to build a pot with this very marginal hand. Its going to be difficult to extract from a worse hand. If you bet and get callled, he could have a Q or a club, and then you are in the same spot on the turn of not knowing whether to try and protect/take pot or not.

Just check flop and bet the turn. As played, river is a call

bozzer
12-21-2006, 06:17 AM
I would bet pot or check on the flop (leaning towards betting).

If you c-bet flop, definately bet turn for &gt;1/2 pot. At this level I guarantee this will end than hand more than half the time.

As played river is fine, not telling what he has - just call.