PDA

View Full Version : ($2/5NL - PS - 6M) bad c-betting?

JackA
12-10-2006, 07:37 AM
I've been wavering back and forth on whether to c-bet regularly when I'm the PFRer at this level. Sometimes I'm called down no matter what, sometimes I run over the table with my c-betting. It can be really variable.

In this case I played 66 from MP in sort of a speculative fashion. I'll frequently fold these here (too tight?).

I think my line was probably flawed and c-betting is spew in this case. I think I should have checked, "no set no bet" as it were. Not to mention there were 2 callers to my PFR that I had to contend with.

Clearly he has something by the turn and I don't see how I can keep playing this.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.05
JackA: $4.53
CO: $1.84
Button: $1.36
SB: $1.75
BB: $1.23

Pre-flop: (6 players) JackA is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">JackA raises to $0.08</font>, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.27, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">JackA bets $0.2</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.67, 2 players)
JackA checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.62</font>, JackA folds.

avfletch
12-10-2006, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't lead out into 2 other people with only an underpair without some monster reads about them.

JackA
12-10-2006, 07:51 AM
That was my feeling post session. I've just recently started c-betting after a PFR. I've felt that at this low stakes c-betting is highly variable in its effectiveness.

To boot I need to only c-bet into ONE opponent, not two. I've pulled of c-betting into two people, but it rarely works.

gimmetheloot
12-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Leading into 2 ppl w/ an underpair is fine, because it has very little SD value really.

However, you want to pay close attention to board texture before you go leading into two people with an underpair. Boards like this, with 2 middle, connecting cards are the worst kind to do with, even worse if there is a flush draw (there isnt here, but hypothetically)

So, boards like, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif , are bad to cbet into, because the Q-J or whatever likely hit somebody, and somebody is likely on some sort of draw, and is callig you down. On the other hand, if you have a decent read on them, you can fire these, **BUT ONLY WITH THE INTENTION OF FIRING A SECOND BARREL ON A BLANK TURN**

or J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
This board is bad to bet on, because people usually have some sort of QJ typish hand and are not going away. Firing on boards like this, with only a straight draw (KQ/Q9) is really bad.

Good boards to make this bet into 2 ppl with an underpair:
A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

These are good because there is a low chance people are on a draw, and if they call, you can easily shut down. Plus, it is hard to give you credit for much other than TP if you fire on a board like this