PDA

View Full Version : buying in with 50bbs?

beboppoker
12-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Im trying to switch from sngs to cash. In sng, blinds are usually huge and there is little postflop play. Will buying in with less than full buy-in put me in bad shape at cash play? ex. how badly will my winrates be cut becasue i dont have chips to capitalize good situations?

summary: how bad is it to buy in less than full?

Sigurd
12-10-2006, 06:28 AM
This is fixed limit...
You are in the wrong forum?

SavageMiser
12-10-2006, 10:36 AM
It's bad. Chips are tools; don't shortchange yourself. If you are uncomfortable making a full buy-in, drop down a level.

gimmetheloot
12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's bad. Chips are tools; don't shortchange yourself. If you are uncomfortable making a full buy-in, drop down a level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. Learn to play postflop

Gelford
12-10-2006, 10:44 AM
El D advocates this when moving up, so you get used to the play, but .... what level sngs do you play, if you like I come from 22+ then 25NL is just a buyin, and we are used to flip coins for buyins, so I can't see you having problems with it.

You really need those chips to be able to play, if you really want to play short, then go under 40BB ... somewhere around 20BBs and then play sng style, 50 is not shallow enough to make you really powerfull as a shortstack, but it is neither deep enough to give you all the tools that are available playing deep.

avfletch
12-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Unless you intend to play a short stack strategy long term (and I don't think that's the case otherwise you'd just stick with SnGs) you're better off starting at a lower stake than you'd like to play and practice buying in full.

Just accept that for a little while your post flop play is going to be utterly horrible, study lots and keep posting hands until you get a feel for it.

Sir Winalot
12-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Everything you ever wanted to know á la Pokey (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=microplnl&Number=7964709& Searchpage=1&Main=7964709&Words=buying+short+Pokey &topic=&Search=true#Post7964709)

beboppoker
12-11-2006, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is fixed limit...
You are in the wrong forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i meant to post for nl, thanks for the advice everyone. that link is really helpful too. I plan to post in nl more in the future so see everyone there.