PDA

View Full Version : Should I have bet the river???

mmaddalena
12-10-2006, 02:41 AM
Please help me to know if I should have bet the river for value,or checked. Also if you see any other fault with my play please let me know. thanks
Full Tilt Poker Game - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:58:06 ET - 2006/12/09
Seat 1: BB ($11.40)
Seat 2: UTG ($8.65)
Seat 3: UTG2 ($18.45)
Seat 4: villian ($4)
Seat 6: hero ($15.35)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero [4d Ad]
UTG folds
UTG2 calls $0.10
Villian calls $0.10
Hero (in SB) calls $0.05
BB checks
*** FLOP *** [As 3s 5c]
Hero bets $0.25 I wanted to see where I stood in the hand
BB calls $0.25
UTG folds
Villian calls $0.25
I put my opponents on a draw or smaller pair
*** TURN *** [As 3s 5c] [Qh]
Hero bets $0.60
BB folds
Villian calls $0.60
now I am a little concered that he may have an ace with a better kicker, and has me beat, but he has also shown that he is somewhat of a calling station. So a gutshot draw is not out of the question.
*** RIVER *** [As 3s 5c Qh] [6h]
Hero checks
Villian checks
should I have bet the river? I was afraid of being reraised here and having to laydown the hand, and also thought that he might be only on a draw so my bet would not have been called anyway. What do you think? I just felt the bet was only going to be called or raised by a better hand, and they would fold if they had a worse hand.

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.35 | Rake $0.20
Board: [As 3s 5c Qh 6h]
Seat 4: Villian (button) mucked [4s Qs] - a pair of Queens
Seat 6: Hero (small blind) showed [4d Ad] and won ($2.15) with a pair of Aces

Berge20
12-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Two things. Please try and use one of the converters listed in the sticky's. Makes it easier for all of us to give feedback. Second, leave off the results. It will skew what people type.

That said....Checking seems fine. Give a busted flush draw a chance to bluff at it. Depending on the opponent, many will check a weak ace behind as well. Betting wont get you much/any value here from a worse hand.

Spleen
12-10-2006, 03:07 AM
This hand looks fine to me. I would also call the river if villian bets.

Minnie Man
12-10-2006, 03:22 AM
I think the difficult spot you put yourself in is playing this hand OOP into a 4 way pot. Once you hit TP you try and bet out, but a call IP by villain does not give you any info. If the villain was aggressive, I might check call the flop and lead the turn with a 1/2 pot bet to control the pot size. This would allow me to see the river and check/call his river bet. That is if you think you are ahead of him (only really ahead of a draw here). Tighter players, I would check fold to his flop bet. I play A rag in position, but rarely out of position. I am looking for two pair or a flush draw oop with this hand.