PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Awkward hand vs 2p2

Hail Eris
12-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Villain is a 2p2 reg, playing kind of laggy. He loves to donk Ace high flops with air. He also probably suspects I'm floating because previously we've had two hands play out exactly like this with him folding on the turn.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($94.40)
Button ($49.25)
SB ($71.75)
BB ($63.90)
UTG ($141.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $22</font>, Hero calls $15.

River: ($54.25) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $36.9 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $91.15

Minnie Man
12-10-2006, 03:11 AM
I think you have to fold on the check raise as the only hand you beat is A-7 or a bluff. You only have $12 invested at the time of the c/r, so I wait for a better spot.

My only reason to call is a very strong indication he has air, but that is a huge risk as you would be playing for your stack on that assumption.

Spleen
12-10-2006, 03:17 AM
I push the turn and scream "FOLD FOLD FOLD!!!!1111!!" at my computer.

Edit: as played I call river and reload

gdsdiscgolfer
12-10-2006, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to fold on the check raise as the only hand you beat is A-7 or a bluff. You only have $12 invested at the time of the c/r, so I wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't fold the turn w/ the NFD.
That said, I'm inclined to check behind on the turn.

Hail Eris
12-10-2006, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, I'm inclined to check behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a wiser man than me. In hindsight I think betting turn is total spew, because the only hands he'd play like this are sets and air and maybe something retarded like 69s (which is actually in his range).

ajmargarine
12-10-2006, 03:43 AM
It's really tempting to bet that turn, but check is best. It gets the most value from his junk hands with a river call or bet by you. And it avoids what happened in this hand. You only have TPCK, but you have great redraws to the nuts, obviously, and you are disguiesed with the whole runner/runner thing if you should hit.

Mercman572
12-10-2006, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's really tempting to bet that turn, but check is best. It gets the most value from his junk hands with a river call or bet by you. And it avoids what happened in this hand. You only have TPCK, but you have great redraws to the nuts, obviously, and you are disguiesed with the whole runner/runner thing if you should hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

On top of getting value from his worse hands, you really are not worrying about "protecting" your hand, nor are you concerned with "taking it down."

Yenool
12-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Personally I just check the turn and hope to make my flush or two pair for free, especially if you have already taken a few pots off him on the turn previously - he is more likely to get fruity with you if he feels you have taken pots away from him already.

If you check behind you don't face this check raise followed by a massive river value bet that you don't (but might have) called, the pot will be like $10, so the most he is going to bet is around $10 which means you get good value from hands he bluffs and lose the minimum to hands that beat you.

Sure you are giving a free draw but really I think these LAG players bluff the river often enough to mean that you will win enough to cover the times when he does outdraw you, plus all you have is top pair no kicker and a draw!

orange
12-10-2006, 05:45 AM
He played his set pretty nice.

Turn is close...if he had been deeper, I think a bet is in order. Check is probably best, though I'm not sure if I'm being results oriented.

cakewalk
12-10-2006, 06:08 AM
i would of checked turn 100% of the time and hoped to hit my flush

Sir Winalot
12-10-2006, 06:14 AM
As played, I'd usually shove turn over his raise. I'd usually bet this turn too, but the big guys say no, so I think I'm with them then. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif