PDA

View Full Version : 50NL FR: getting pot commited with TPTK OOP

xGREGORx
12-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I had no respect for button's min raise thus reraised my AJo in the BB. Didn't like all the callers obviously, but what do you on the flop/turn?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20.5</font>, MP1 calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($66, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $24.25

EDIT: effective stacks are ~$50.

kitaristi0
12-09-2006, 08:37 PM
That's just about the best possible flop you could've hoped for. I see no other way to play it postflop.

Gelford
12-09-2006, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's just about the best possible flop you could've hoped for. I see no other way to play it postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Djeorge
12-09-2006, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm not a fan of the 3bet pf at all. Talk about committing chips oop in marginal situations.

ChipStorm
12-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Preflop obviously nonstandard, but if you're trying to teach the minraiser a lesson, OK....

Postflop seems fine. The flop is dry and you could make an argument for check/calling instead of leading, to get worse hands to bet into you. But the pot is large already and you can't fold, having hit your hand and having so little left behind. So I probably do it the same way.