PDA

View Full Version : ZeeJustin impressive cash at Bellagio

m bozeman
12-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Not a huge fan of him or anything, but was looking through the results of event #7 at Bellagio, and noticed Justin Bonomo finished 4th for $42,565. results (cardplayer.com/tournaments/live_updates/6790)

i am run
12-09-2006, 08:25 PM
he went into that final table with a nice chip lead...

flavio321
12-10-2006, 06:02 AM
i guess he's 21 now.

mshalen
12-10-2006, 08:42 AM
12 hours and no comment about multitabling multiple personalities at the Bellagio. Either the posters here are growing up or were out late on Saturday night.

Yeti
12-10-2006, 10:41 AM
or it was already done to death in the other thread

betgo
12-10-2006, 03:01 PM
OK, here goes. He was colluding with one of the other players at the final table, but he handicapped himself by playing 10 sit and gos on his laptop.

ed8383
12-10-2006, 03:08 PM
He was seen chatting with Men the master at the event....

willie
12-10-2006, 09:19 PM
he ft'd an event a few days before for 16k too.

as from the getty, i wish him the best- he's nasty.

Slim Pickens
12-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Allan Sass, aka TheUsher, is better.

g-p
12-11-2006, 03:09 PM
HOW MANY ACCOUNTS DID HE ENTER IN THE TOURNAMENT? ROFL

g-p
12-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I AM FUNNY AND CLEVER

m bozeman
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Man, you sure are. You got us with that one! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

m bozeman
12-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Man, Justin just took down his third final table at Bellagio. I think he final-tabled 3 out of 5 events. Pretty impressive run, but it looks like nobody really cares I guess.

2Fast
12-14-2006, 03:07 PM
was he wearing that cool black-emo outfit with makeup at the FT? Just wondering.....

jweezie2315
12-14-2006, 06:41 PM
That is a pretty good run. I think he's a pretty amazing player. I know he got caught up multi entering multi-table tourneys, but that seemed to be pretty wide spread (although not condoning the practice). Also, I believe that both of his big wins were validated. I had hoped he would do well when he was able to play live. People really need to get over the cheating and judge him on his skill.

MaverickUSC
12-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Since when should a skilled cheater be more appreciated then a non-skilled cheater?

timex
12-15-2006, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since when should a skilled cheater be more appreciated then a non-skilled cheater?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when should a skilled cheater be less appreciated than a skilled non-cheater

rakemeplz
12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
He played as men the master during the event.

Cornell Fiji
12-17-2006, 03:28 PM
#10 in chips with 138 players left starting today's 5 diamond championship. Avg stack is around 120k but his table is pretty loaded. He is lucky to have position on Mizrachi (#5):

1 Michael The Grinder Mizrachi 343,700
2 Michael Linden 204,900
3 Zee Justin Bonomo 317,700
4 Vinnie Napolitano 200,100
5 Jim Hanna 73,700
6 Minh Ly 59,900
7 Zack Stewart 86,600
8 Devin Porter 259,000
9 Christopher Cetrone 82,900

yellowjack
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#10 in chips with 138 players left starting today's 5 diamond championship. Avg stack is around 120k but his table is pretty loaded. He is lucky to have position on Mizrachi (#5):

1 Michael The Grinder Mizrachi 343,700
2 Michael Linden 204,900
3 Zee Justin Bonomo 317,700
4 Vinnie Napolitano 200,100
5 Jim Hanna 73,700
6 Minh Ly 59,900
7 Zack Stewart 86,600
8 Devin Porter 259,000
9 Christopher Cetrone 82,900

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this his 5th FT at this event?

Cornell Fiji
12-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Not a FT yet... 138 players remaining

m bozeman
12-17-2006, 10:01 PM
He certainly is making a statement, and introducing himself to the "live" poker world in a big way.

flavio321
12-18-2006, 12:56 AM
he's the chip leader right now. just took down a monster pot

Nichomacheo
12-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Very very impressive

MCS
12-18-2006, 01:01 AM
Man ZJx6 is on fire.

ed8383
12-18-2006, 01:08 AM
yup, he has a whole crew working for him now.

N 82 50 24
12-18-2006, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man ZJ is on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]
give him some credit, he's showing that he's a good player on his own.

it's something i've known the whole time, but no one seems to realize that he didn't have any actual success due to multi-accounting (as opposed to equity success, which he did achieve and steal). his two big online MTT wins were legit and i don't think anyone has shown any STT multi-accounting.

anyway, this has been discussed to death, but i for one am really glad to see him have a bunch of live success out of the block after turning 21 because it shows the people who said he only won because of cheating that he's actually a hell of a player. good players can make bad decisions too.

Clayton
12-18-2006, 02:35 AM
anyone who thinks ZJ isnt a good player hasnt been a member of these forums for more than a year. ZJ was one of the biggest contributors, positive or otherwise, months back. w his results from 2 big tourney wins, and his results @ $215 sngs, he def proved he was a capable player. this just continues to validate it. running well helps too, as well as doubling through Voulgaris on a really retarded play. QJ lol.

ed8383
12-18-2006, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who thinks ZJ isnt a good player hasnt been a member of these forums for more than a year. ZJ was one of the biggest contributors, positive or otherwise, months back. w his results from 2 big tourney wins, and his results @ $215 sngs, he def proved he was a capable player. this just continues to validate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
and in how many of those tourneys did he not cheat?

adanthar
12-18-2006, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who thinks ZJ isnt a good player hasnt been a member of these forums for more than a year. ZJ was one of the biggest contributors, positive or otherwise, months back. w his results from 2 big tourney wins, and his results @ $215 sngs, he def proved he was a capable player. this just continues to validate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 215+ SNG's, he played on different accounts but never did it simultaneously at the same table. (actually, 100% of STTF did that, because no one had Party rakeback and you could only 8 table them if you had multiple skins open)

In multis, he didn't multiaccount either time he won a big event.

Clayton
12-18-2006, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he did not cheat in any of them, as adanthar said

every time i see a poster like you, i think of the retarded birds in finding nemo that squawk "MINE". every single one of u donks have zero personality and are probably bad at poker. "ZEEJUSTIN CHEATER SQUAWK"

Whitewash
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
every time i see a poster like you, i think of the retarded birds in finding nemo that squawk "MINE". every single one of u donks have zero personality and are probably bad at poker. "ZEEJUSTIN CHEATER SQUAWK"

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Having the same avatar as 2 dozen other posts doesn't help his cause either.

ed8383
12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and how do you know that? where you at his room watching him as he played?

adanthar
12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and how do you know that? where you at his room watching him as he played?

[/ QUOTE ]

how many 215 regulars do you think there were? you think any of them would've retroactively noticed sitting down with 2+ ZJ's? ask them.

re: multis: people who knew the names of his accounts went back and checked.

ed8383
12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how many accounts did he have? we don't know for sure, nobody knows except party. We might never know the extent of his cheating because it is so difficult to trace.

timex
12-18-2006, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how many accounts did he have? we don't know for sure, nobody knows except party. We might never know the extent of his cheating because it is so difficult to trace.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I know you aren't one of ZJ's multiple 2+2 accounts?

How do you know you aren't one of his many 2+2 accounts?

Clayton
12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
i put the troll on ignore last night, obv he makes 2 more retarded posts

adanthar i dont know how you have patience with doofuses like this

adanthar
12-18-2006, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually we do, he listed them all.

yes yes, he could have 20 more and you could be one of them, at this point I just get bored because even the people he actually affected barely care.

also, yeah, I should probably stop posting.

gdsdiscgolfer
12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
adanthar i dont know how you have patience with doofuses like this

[/ QUOTE ]

too level headed

Clayton
12-19-2006, 12:25 AM
quite possibly...

citanul
12-19-2006, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 215+ SNG's, he played on different accounts but never did it simultaneously at the same table. (actually, 100% of STTF did that, because no one had Party rakeback and you could only 8 table them if you had multiple skins open)

In multis, he didn't multiaccount either time he won a big event.

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar,

it is not true that:

1) all of sttf had multiple accounts through skins
2) all of sttf had multiple accounts through party

only by having multiple party accounts could one multitable the super tournaments (i think) and only by having multiple party accounts could one play under different screen names at the step 5 and step 4 higher tournaments (i'm sure).

like i have said repeatedly, zj is a hell of a poker player, who both cheated and offered incredibly weak "apology and explaination" for his actions.

El Diablo
12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
ad,

"actually we do, he listed them all."

That, of course, presumes that he's not cheating.

I also don't think he did this to chip dump and maliciously cheat in these tourneys. However, if he did find himself in a situation with two of his accounts where he could give the one with chips a nice little assist and gave in to temptation, I doubt he would reveal that account name.

As I said, I think it's likely that he didn't cheat like that, but ed is correct that there's really no way to know and it mainly just comes down to whether you believe ZJ or not.

adanthar
12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
adanthar,

it is not true that:

1) all of sttf had multiple accounts through skins
2) all of sttf had multiple accounts through party

only by having multiple party accounts could one multitable the super tournaments (i think) and only by having multiple party accounts could one play under different screen names at the step 5 and step 4 higher tournaments (i'm sure).

like i have said repeatedly, zj is a hell of a poker player, who both cheated and offered incredibly weak "apology and explaination" for his actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

yo,

#3 is definitely true - you could only cheat if you had multiple skin accounts. however, this time period was when the 8 tabling craze was pioneered by raptor (I think he was the first to do it, no?) while Party still had 4 tables max. So anybody that wanted to > 4 table anything needed two accounts, plus, of course, rakeback made skin accounts mandatory, etc. I had an empire/pokernow/party setup and I was so behind the curve on > 4 tabling I still haven't caught up...basically, IIRC, everyone playing mass volume during that six month span was playing on empire/PN/eurobet simultaneously (and then half of them would play the Empire multis and Party multis at once since both were so soft).

but yes, ZJ cheated and his apology was weak. however, also IIRC, he admitted multiaccounting long before his win by posting an HH of him under another SN. multiaccounting on dif. skins alone just wasn't that big of a deal that he would bother to hide it, and tbh I still don't think it's cheating until you actually enter yourself in one MTT twice.

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"actually we do, he listed them all."

That, of course, presumes that he's not cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, yeah, he could be cheating *now* and we would never know. he could also have had accounts #7, 8 and 9 back then whose SN's he didn't come clean about. do I think he did? no, because when he admitted he multiaccounted nobody gave a damn that he multiaccounted, they just cared (wound up caring a few months later, that is) that he played in the same MTT multiple times.

anyway, I don't particularly want to defend ZJ or not defend him so I'm gonna stop now. I just find it weird that 'multiaccounting' is such a big deal when literally everyone I know was doing it for totally different reasons.

jafeather
12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
THE FACTS

A) ZJ is a hell of a good poker player.
B) ZJ cheated and admitted it
C) ZJ's apology was kinda "eh."
D) Some of you have forgiven, some of you have not
E) I can't believe there's another friggen thread that's turning into THIS. Maybe there should be a damned monthly "Bitch about ZeeJustin" Thread like there are on other topics so people know where NOT to click.

That is all.

m bozeman
12-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, this thread was started to tell about his impressive cash at Bellagio, which soon became 4 final tables out of 6 events.

No matter if you like him or not, that was one hell of a run, especially considering he just turned 21. 250k in winnings over a few weeks isn't too shabby.

Zinzan
12-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Congratulations, Zee. Awesome results that speak for themselves.

-Z

Dead2
12-21-2006, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
quite possibly...

[/ QUOTE ]

shut up clayton. i saw your pics that you posted on here in 2+2 picture threads and you were one of the ugliest nerds ever.

mlagoo
12-22-2006, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quite possibly...

[/ QUOTE ]

shut up clayton. i saw your pics that you posted on here in 2+2 picture threads and you were one of the ugliest nerds ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf does that have to do with anything

and clayton is cool and seems like a normal looking dude to me.

Clayton
12-22-2006, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quite possibly...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok

say it to my face if u ever get the chance, troll

zzz