PDA

View Full Version : ($25) line check....did I play too passively?

STALLOWN3D
12-09-2006, 03:08 PM
I had no idea what that donk flop bet meant and didn't like that the six paired on the turn. Is my line ok or should I have been betting the turn/ raising the river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($12.20)
SB ($13.35)
BB ($7.65)
UTG ($8.95)
Hero ($27.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $2.75.

Turn: ($10) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Final Pot: $13.50

Unknown Soldier
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
no, post flop is perfect imo. The donk bet could mean anything, but you dont want to be building a massive pot. I'm calling pf, I think raising is too aggro here, KJs is not that strong of a hand and there is a limper in front of you.

Genz
12-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Find another table. Everbody but you is short.

KJ is a difficult hand in multiway situations. This is, because you often end up having kicker trouble. Raising preflop to isolate the limper is ok, imo. Although on a passive and loose table, I'd fold this in MP for even when I raise I often end up in a multiway pot.
The raise on the flop is good. The board is pretty ragged and UTG could be trying to pick up the pot. The raise can end the hand right there and is likely to prevent him from betting on the turn. So you can control the pot size on the turn and see a free river card. You should refrain from escalating the pot further with your pair with a so-so kicker. River call is standard. Esp. because UTG doesn't want to go all-in although he only has about $6 left. So he doesn't seem to be too fond of his hand.

For some more information about preflop and handstrength you can have a look at this thread (especially Pokey's elaborations (as usual)):
Thread about trouble hands (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=7847871&amp;an=0&amp;page=0)

Antinome
12-09-2006, 06:15 PM
There is nothing wrong with stacking a few shortstacks to clear some room for deeper stacked players to sit down, all you have to remember is that if they are shortstacked, you are shortstacked. Given that, KJs is not really a horrible hand. I'm willing to play for stacks with him with TPGK, so I'm betting the turn and calling an all-in.