PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: Help on this flop line or Boringly Standard?

Shoot59
12-09-2006, 02:59 PM
What's your line on the flop here and why??

1) bet/call
2) bet/fold
3) check/call
4) check/raise

Villain is TAG regular...18/8/3.5/ 350hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($54.80)
Button ($5.45)
SB ($42.40)
Hero ($51)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $10</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $17.25

Antinome
12-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Against most players I fold here. Occasionally I will take one off and rep a diamond or something on the turn if I think I'm being played by a LAG. But not against this guy.

Voy Por Ustedes
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Think this is pretty standard. Your hand isn't strong enough to get involved in a really big pot OOP. Against this player I do the same.

HoldemPokerPlyr
12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
I think I would've checked on the flop to see where I was at in this hand.

-HoldemPokerPlyr

Sir Winalot
12-09-2006, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-HoldemPokerPlyr

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh, what? Care to elaborate? I like bet/folding.

Shoot59
12-10-2006, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he makes standard c-bet, (as he should) then how will I know where I am?

ajmargarine
12-10-2006, 03:51 AM
bet/fold is OK. Check/call is OK. The other two sorta suck.

Antinome
12-10-2006, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he makes standard c-bet, (as he should) then how will I know where I am?

[/ QUOTE ]

knowing where you are is less important than staying ahead of his range. That said, I like bet/fold &gt; c/c lead &gt; c/r &gt; bet/call as lines go.

Hail Eris
12-10-2006, 03:58 AM
I don't know why people do this. In this spot your villain is probably either raising or folding. He'll sometimes fold hands that he would have cbet with, so you're losing value, and he'll sometimes raise with hands that you beat, so you're not really "finding out" anything.

C/C flop lead turn or C/R flop.

Antinome
12-10-2006, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why people do this. In this spot your villain is probably either raising or folding. He'll sometimes fold hands that he would have cbet with, so you're losing value, and he'll sometimes raise with hands that you beat, so you're not really "finding out" anything.

C/C flop lead turn or C/R flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for others, but I lead at almost any flop with weak hands, strong hands, huge draws, weak draws etc. Against a weak player or a nit, I'm taking down everything they miss. Against everyone else, I'm conditioning them to reraise me light, so I can get lots and lots of money in the pot when I want to.

Shoot59
12-10-2006, 04:54 AM
so...lemme see here

bet/fold
- pros - cheaper,($3 in this case)prevents overs from drawing for free, confusing to villain
- cons - hands that would have c-bet now fold, losing value

C/R
- pros - gains value from c-bettors with UI overcards
- cons - costs much more assuming a reasonable CR (probably at least $10-$12 assuming villain c-bets for $3-4)

Whats more important....gaining the value of the cbet (via C/R) or ending the hand now one way or the other for cheap (B/F)??

Genz
12-10-2006, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats more important....gaining the value of the cbet (via C/R) or ending the hand now one way or the other for cheap (B/F)??

[/ QUOTE ]

With two more cards to come and no guarantee at all that I will get to a cheap SD when I just pick up his cbet, I vote for ending the hand right here. It doesn't work, so I fold.