PDA

View Full Version : What should I actually do here?

Mibbeh
12-09-2006, 01:47 PM
10NL

I'm on the button with 94s, everyone limps to me. Should I limp with them or raise? What do I want with this hand? Do I want them to fold or get the pot bigger?

Well, I wanted them to fold, so I raise it 4BB, everyone calls, lol. Was 4BB too little? I'm against calling stations, but would it be too little against tight players too?

OR should I fold? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

Genz
12-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Read this about raising preflop (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=616675 7&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=)

Of course you don't want to make a pot bigger with a hand that has only suitedness speaking for it. I'd usually fold this hand without hesitation. Being on the button doesn't really change that. You are hoping for a flush-draw. That's it. If you want to steal, raise more. If you want to gamboool, limp along.

Mibbeh
12-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Would others choose folding over stealing also?

And if I was going to steal, would 7-8BBs be basically the right amount against pretty tight/weak players?

Also, I don't mean to always play like this with hands like that.

Genz
12-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Depends on how many limpers. Are you playing 6max or full ring? The more limpers the bigger the raise and the bigger the probability that someone will call anyway. If it's a good idea to steal, depends on table conditions mostly. When you have opponents who are very loose preflop and will call with all kinds of holdings, you shouldn't be stealing with bad hands, but be raising your real hands for value.

Antinome
12-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Stealing isn't about your hand, it is about your image, and the players propensity to call.

Mibbeh
12-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, sorry, forgot to say that it was 6max.

Mibbeh
12-09-2006, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stealing isn't about your hand, it is about your image, and the players propensity to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Image? Sounds great! Any thread, that explains more about the images and how to take advantage of them?

I guess later ppl will call more of my raises, when I have good hands?

Abramovic
12-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Was fold not the best option here? Otherwise if your raising raise 4xBB +1 per limper

Antinome
12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
If you seriously consider limping or calling this hand regularly even in position, I guarantee like Paul Prudhomme that your image is not good. This is 10NL so players will call. That adds up to FOLD. Mix this hand in with a hell of a lot of folding, and maybe, maybe you can occasionally steal with a 4BB+1BB/Limper bet.

kabouter
12-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Fold, unless you are playing high stakes, and players think twice before they do something. You might be able to steal the blinds once, but what if you can't and your cbet isn't working? Or you are getting reraised...

Mibbeh
12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Gotcha', fold it. Luckily for me, this worked out this time. Flopped a flush and got all-in already on the flop.

Sir Winalot
12-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Fold preflop.

hutchyni
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Fantastic, until some has a flush higher than 9 then you've been stacked