PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6max - Need comments on a few hands

pwalsh21
12-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Hand 1

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($28.25)
CO ($25.55)
Hero ($50.80)
SB ($35.20)
BB ($48.20)
UTG ($288.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($7.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $15.5</font>

Villain is extremely aggressive, and was constantly raising my c-bets. Just call the raise, or standard shove?

-------------------------------

Hand 2

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($45.10)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($52.25)
MP ($38.35)
CO ($30.60)
Button ($94.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.50, UTG folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($5) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($11) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($11) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $40.1</font>

No hands on villain. Was I correct to re-raise the river? Call the shove?

-------------------------------

Hand 3

Hero ($49.70)
Button ($106.50)
SB ($44.35)
BB ($28.30)
UTG ($63.50)
MP ($27.60)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, Button calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.75) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($21.75) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Opponent is very aggressive, wins about 1/2 of his showdowns. Standard?

Jigsaws
12-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Hand 1:

call, shove over turn bet.

Hand 2:

I often repop pre to isolate.

I just check behind flop.

River's pretty tough. I like the initial raise. Small pocket pairs may call, but this guy played his hand so weirdly, I really don't know what to put him on at this point. When he shoves, it looks like a fold, but, you know, we have trips, I probably call anyways.

Hand 3:

I often just bet the turn again. Take that flush draw/pocket pair to value town. I don't mind check-calling if he'll bet those hands for you anyway, though.

Voy Por Ustedes
12-09-2006, 01:58 PM
All looks reasonable to me:

Hand 1 shove looks good if you think villain will go along with it--you want to get all your money in the middle as soon as you can. The board is very dry and so the only danger is a set. If he's been overly aggressive you'll be happy to take that small risk.

One thing I don't like is your raise to $3 PF. I don't think you want to be changing it when you get a premium hand; just stay at your standard $2 or you'll give away too much information.

Hand 2, you have to call the shove having raised the river, which is something you have to be doing for value in this spot. Again if you run into the full house that's just UL IMO.

Hand 3, I'd like bigger value bets on each street. I know you're OOP but until you get raised I don't see that you're likely to be behind. Bet more like $9 and $18 on turn and river to get value out of lower PPs. Proceed with caution if you're raised on the turn.

SF.

kabouter
12-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Hand 1:
Shove if your read about him is right, but don't call this one. I prefer a fold over a call here easily.

Hand 2:
Bet the turn, what I find strange is the fact that he calls your flop bet. What hands could we put him on? A straight? A set?
He could be slowplaying his set. As played now I would probably call this, I prefer a bet on the turn though, if he called that one I would probably have called his river bet. I think he had a boat here.

Hand 3

If you are prepared to call this I would have taken the initiative and bet on the turn. Not much you can do about it now though, if he has a set. I would probably make a blocking bet on the river.

pwalsh21
12-09-2006, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2:
Bet the turn, what I find strange is the fact that he calls your flop bet. What hands could we put him on? A straight? A set?
He could be slowplaying his set. As played now I would probably call this, I prefer a bet on the turn though, if he called that one I would probably have called his river bet. I think he had a boat here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He turned over 88 when I called. The problem was his bet on the river was so small that I felt I wasn't getting enough value by calling. If he bet $8-$11 I would have just called. This happens a lot, where I'm sure I have the best hand after the river (but not the nuts), raise a weak bet for value, then get re-raised a huge amount. It's probably still the right move to raise in this spot, though.

kabouter
12-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I think he just wanted to extract some more out of his slow played set, you showed no strength on the turn, so he thinks you didn't hit anything. He makes it small for you to call, so he can at least get something out of his boat.

You have to ask yourself what should your villain have, without reads and not assuming he is a complete donk.
He took the initiative preflop, so all pockets, suited connectors, AK,AQ are possible.
What I find suspicious is that he doesn't make a cbet. But flat calls your bet. If you made a bet on the turn, he would have folded any of these pocket pairs 99,TT,JJ. He would have called with his set though, and you would know that you are beat /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Too bad another queen came on the river giving you a set, and making it easier for him to shove.
But what do you beat? AA,KK, JJ, TT not likely, he would have made a cbet.