PDA

View Full Version : NL 10 -6max: Various draws against weak tight player.

Acey
12-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Is this hand horribly played by me? My plan on the flop is to draw to the straight for implied odds and or setup for a bluff on turn (since the villain is very weak). The turn gives me a backdoor flush+gutshot draw and i decide to let him bet the turn (hopefully) and hit for a potential bigger pot. (Bad thinking?) Is the turn an easy bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($10.20)
MP ($15.70)
Button ($8.35)
Hero ($19.60)
BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.10, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $0.20, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.80) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($0.80) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $1.40

Unknown Soldier
12-09-2006, 09:47 AM
given your read your flop play isnt terrible I guess, but this is getting a little complex for 10NL I'd just keep it simple and fold. Plus if you say hes weak tight you dont have much implied odds on your gut shot. As played turn is an easy semi-bluff, you were planning to bluff anyway right? You have alot of FE here given your read + alot more outs. Perfect spot to semi-bluff. River is fine.

bozzer
12-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Preflop is fine obviously.

Flop. I wouldn't play this draw. Reasons:
1) OOP
2) Only 4 outs
3) V could have J or Q - at this level players struggle to lay down any broadway pair and often are happy to keep betting it.

With given pot odds (- any implied odds) you need to be sure you'll see the T and R. It appears from the later betting that you did not have any implied odds!

With this in mind, as played, I'm happy to check turn, as betting would be a fairly marginal (obvious) semi-bluff.

River. Bet less than this without reads given lack of action till now or make it look more like a bluff.