PDA

View Full Version : 99 hits set on coordinated board in big 3-way pot - 10NL 6m

Sir Winalot
12-09-2006, 08:23 AM
10NL on Titan. Button is a shortie donk, could have litterally anything. BB is a semi-decent player for the level, but donkish anyway. Has a tendency to bet big with big hands, and a little straightforward overall. He also like to chase much and does some strange plays from time to time. I got stacked by him with a set when he hit his gutshot yesterday, but I'm not sure if he remembers that.

Button ($1.52)
SB ($6)
BB ($23)
UTG ($8.5)
Hero ($31)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.4, Button raises all-in to $1.52, BB calls, Hero calls

I assume calling is standard?

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.6)
BB bets 2, Hero raises to 7, BB calls

I have no idea what his donkbet means and the pot was 3-bet preflop so I made a smaller raise than usual. Should I still raise bigger?

Turn: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($18.6)
BB checks, Hero shoves for $22.2 (BB has ~$14.5 left)

Bet less or check here? Thoughts?

AaronOC
12-09-2006, 08:52 AM
I like the shove, you are stacking a straight and any 10. The only hand I would worry about him having is J10. The advantage to betting less here would be, to let him draw to a flush or a straight cheaper and then stack it if it hits

but you want to get all the money in either way

thac
12-09-2006, 09:02 AM
I would raise flop up to 9. You said he likes to chase a lot, will he chase with not-so-good odds? 9 is closer to pot-size and it makes for an easier shove on the turn.

If the board doesn't pair, I'm still shoving this here because he'll have QJ or diamonds a lot of the time here and he'll call turn bet looking to hit his draw but if he misses, he'll check/fold the river most likely.