PDA

View Full Version : Two over pair hands ($10 NL)

Lester B
12-09-2006, 01:46 AM
First hand, villian's stats are here:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9186/kkoppstatsdy6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This person seems to cold call a lot preflop, but fold when they miss. They also take the same approach to c-bets.

(6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em
Seat 1: ahsu_99 ($12.80)

Seat 3 (button): Hero ($12.40)

Seat 4: Villian ($14.50)

Seat 5: rlewisdc ($17.10)
Seat 6: Silent ET ($6.45)

Villian posts the small blind of $0.05
rlewisdc posts the big blind of $0.10

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [King /images/graemlins/heart.gif King /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Silent ET folds
ahsu_99 calls $0.10

Hero raises to $0.45

Villian calls $0.40

rlewisdc folds
ahsu_99 calls $0.35

Pot is $1.50ish

Flop:
[4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
villian checks
ahsu_99 checks
Hero bets $2.50
Villian raises to $14.05, and is all in
ahsu_99 folds
Hero ????

Hand 2:

Villian's stats are: 58% vpip 8% pfr but it was only for 12 hands. Otherwise unknown.

$0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em
Seat 1: Ploxis ($9.90)
Seat 2: luv2rivr ($7.10)
Seat 3: dollarmtn ($10.35)
Seat 4: specast ($11.95)
Seat 5: headrushn ($72.60)
Seat 6: heng10 ($10.25)

Seat 7: (Button) Villian ($8.85)

Seat 8: dangster1 ($7.30)

Seat 9: (Big Blind Hero) ($18.15)

dangster1 posts the small blind of $0.05
Hero posts the big blind of $0.10

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [Queen /images/graemlins/spade.gif Queen /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Ploxis folds
dollarmtn calls $0.10
specast folds
headrushn folds
heng10 has 15 seconds left to act
heng10 folds

Villian raises to $0.30

dangster1 folds
Hero raises to $1.05
dollarmtn folds

Villian calls $0.75

Flop :
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets $2.25
Villian calls $2.25

Turn:
4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks ?????
Villain bets $5.55, and is all in

Hero ????

DanJ.
12-09-2006, 01:51 AM
1) I call here, i think hes got a FD a lot, sometimes he will have a set.

2)I would have just put him in, but as played call.

Lester B
12-09-2006, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1) I call here, i think hes got a FD a lot, sometimes he will have a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, you think with that low of an aggression factor they might hand a FD?

Interesting.

robinmbuk
12-09-2006, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really, you think with that low of an aggression factor they might hand a FD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I doubt villian in hand 1 has a flush draw much here. If you have seen him push naked flush draws often then this would be a call, but from stats I think your right - he doesn't have the flush draw here. A good player may have oesfd, which your a coinflip against. However only aggressive players push that with 100BB+ - people often only push draws when short. I fold hand 1.

I think hand two is a call. Villian has < 1 psb left and you'll find alot of villians pushing all sorts of crap in these situations. I call and if he has you beat, c'est la vie.

Lester B
12-09-2006, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I doubt villian in hand 1 has a flush draw much here. If you have seen him push naked flush draws often then this would be a call, but from stats I think your right - he doesn't have the flush draw here. A good player may have oesfd, which your a coinflip against. However only aggressive players push that with 100BB+ - people often only push draws when short. I fold hand 1.

I think hand two is a call. Villian has < 1 psb left and you'll find alot of villians pushing all sorts of crap in these situations. I call and if he has you beat, c'est la vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded in both hands.

Hand one I was pretty confident in my read so I didn't think about it too long. Hand two bothered me a tad more, since I had (and still don't have) any info on the villian.

The reason I posted these hands is because they happened only minutes apart (at different tables), and I don't want to get in the habit of folding overpairs when faced with heavy resistence, since it is usually not correct to do so.

Check_The_Nuts
12-09-2006, 11:54 AM
I'd fold one but call two.

Never fold an overpair to an unknown at 10NL, especially if their stats already look fishy after 12 hands.

I'd fold hand two because he hasn't check/raised once in 93 hands, and now he's diong it. The guy has a frekin monster thats gunna rail you. His Aggression frequency is so low that there's no way he didn't at least hit the flop. He seems the type to just call with marginal hands, as opposed to raising.

Lester B
12-09-2006, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never fold an overpair to an unknown at 10NL, especially if their stats already look fishy after 12 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even have those stats when the hand occurred; they were the stats when I posted the hand here.

But thanks, that sounds like solid advice, I will store that nugget away for safe keeping.