PDA

View Full Version : NL50: AA - SA/WB - call push?

Ra_
12-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Only at table about 20 hands. Villan seemed a little loose, but hasn't done anything noteworthy yet.

This board is discusting, i'd have a hard time putting his range in to poker stove, theres tons of crap it could be.

I folded but thought it was marginal. I leaned towards fold because unkowns usually don't play draws aggressively.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($61.60)
UTG ($59.10)
Hero ($49.25)
CO ($62.70)
Button ($31.75)
SB ($10.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $29.75</font>, BB folds, Hero folds???

Final Pot: $41.50

AaronOC
12-08-2006, 09:17 PM
this is an insta fold IMO. What do you think you are beating in this spot, any diamonds, queens, jacks, nines, K 10, any ace of diamonds can catch up. Please say you called and have results?

Ra_
12-08-2006, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please say you called and have results?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, but he showed.

Antinome
12-08-2006, 09:57 PM
I've been known to make this call vs agressive players, just because so often it is a stiff A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I always get berated for it by the pushee, probably correctly.

The thing is, it is almost never a made flush. Usually it is two pair, a set or the draw. I've had it be KK too.

Probably ought to be a fold.

Ra_
12-08-2006, 10:31 PM
I thought A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQo, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJo, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifxo, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gifxo,AoQo, KoQo,K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQo, AoT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif were all hands I'd push in his shoes. Not to mention tons of hands that i'm dead too. I didn't think he would push a nut flush, and some unknowns would not push a baby flush. I was trying to decide if his drawing range was at least 70% of his pushing range here. I figure that be high enough for it to be and least nueutral EV. but i really couldn't come up with % of drawing range, then i got a headache, then i folded.

This probably is a frivilous post, and an easy desicion in hindsight. but with sush a huge range, what thought process do you use?

He showed JJ, which i didn't notice until I looked at the history when posting.

edited for typos