PDA

View Full Version : $50nl 6max, betting scare card vs nit

Voy Por Ustedes
12-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Sorry about no hand history converter, doesn't work with my euro site...

UTG seems nitty and weak. Double barrelled river because villain took an age to call turn bet. Is this a good spot to bluff the busted draw? Re-raise preflop??

blinds 25/50c, 6 max

utg raises to 2$; 2folds

i call on button with 98o; SB BB fold.

FLOP ($4.75) 10 7 2 rainbow.

UTG bets 4$ I call

TURN As ($12.75) UTG checks, I bet $11. UTG calls.

River Ad ($34.75) UTG checks, I all-in $55......

wax head
12-08-2006, 07:33 PM
If the first Ace didn't scare him, the second one probably wont either. Especially against an overbet which is usually screaming "please fold". What are you representing? Someone with the Ace would bet for value not overbet the pot (more often than not anyway).

Thrahl
12-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I dont mind taking a stab on the turn if you know hes a NIT, but that river bet is lighting money on fire.

GooseHinson
12-08-2006, 08:16 PM
A 25$ bet will accomplish the same thing as your overbet. In fact your overbet may arise more suspicion.

AaronOC
12-08-2006, 09:06 PM
this is just complete spew

SirNeb
12-08-2006, 09:47 PM
This play is all read based. You have to be very careful though. He raises in UTG. An ace is likely even if he doesn't understand positioning. First question is, "does he have an ace?" Second is, "is he willing to fold?" Second question is rather tough on a bad player. If you have history of him ever calling a big raise with marginal hands like mid pair or PP that is smaller than the TP on the board. You better be careful because you might be dumping your whole stack to him. Read is very very important for bluff plays, most of the time if the player calls you, it's because you don't understand the player well enough to bluff. Desperation bluffs are usually really really bad, because you are telling an obvious lie.

All in is fine if you truly feel he's afraid of all-in bets but might call a PSB. Some players are reverse. When someone goes all in they think they are naturally bluffing and switch to the "I must call" mode. Or they want to be the hero who catches the thief, this happens very often in small stakes among bad players.

Overall, I don't see anything wrong with this if it's out of good judgement.