PDA

View Full Version : QQ hits set, how do I extract the most possible? 25 nl

AaronOC
12-08-2006, 04:25 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($33.55)
Hero ($25)
SB ($31.40)
BB ($17.90)
UTG ($13.05)
MP ($22.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $1.

Turn: ($5.25) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $7.25

TJgniL
12-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Bet closer to pot on flop and turn. The only way you're gonna get paid is if he has something which apparently he didn't. With your good hands bet assuming that you opponent has something, that's the only way you'll get paid off.

Leviathan101
12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Since they both checked, you need to bet the flop. I bet 3/4 pot to PSB on almost every flop regardless of my hand strength. (including c-bets) You want to get money in. Your best shot of getting paid here, is if they have AQ or a smaller set, but since they both checked there is no reason to give them a free chance to beat you, however slim that is. Just bet and see if they call.

Sir Winalot
12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Pot flop, pot turn, shove river. Next Q?

AaronOC
12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
both of these player were weak tight so I knew petting pot or close to i would only scare them away

TJgniL
12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Start CBetting them more.

Leviathan101
12-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Then you don't really have any options. Hope the weak tight has a hand and win money. Elsewise you wont get anything anyways.

Oh and if they're weak tight? make sure you show your set when they fold. Then bluff them out of tons of pots.

Sir Winalot
12-08-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
both of these player were weak tight so I knew petting pot or close to i would only scare them away

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you start posting this kind of things in your OP.

From uNL posting guidelines (which I hope you have read):

[ QUOTE ]
Step 5- Post any stats/reads/image issues, any important info.

[/ QUOTE ]
Edit. made it sound nicer

Ra_
12-08-2006, 04:48 PM
On the flop, bet close to pot (i usually bet 3/4 on dry flops) or check. a check here isn't bad since it is extremly unlikely that this flop hit anyone and there are no draws to beat you.

I like check flop, pot turn.

eigenvalue
12-08-2006, 04:50 PM
If they have nothing, You will win nothing. The best You can hope for is that someone catched a piece of the flop.

I normally use this line:
(1) Overbet the flop by 150%, so bet $4.5
(2) If there's a caller, I slow down on the turn and bet only 1/3 or 1/4 of the pot.
(3) On the river I bet 1/2 of the remaining stack of Villain.

This line is totally confusing to most people. But You have to hope that there is a caller on the flop.

Supwithbates
12-08-2006, 04:51 PM
FIrst off, sir winalot chill out, geez that was uncalled for.

[ QUOTE ]
Then you don't really have any options. Hope the weak tight has a hand and win money. Elsewise you wont get anything anyways.

Oh and if they're weak tight? make sure you show your set when they fold. Then bluff them out of tons of pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE showing here vs. weak/tight nits, it's very +EV.
A++ idea sir.

AaronOC
12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If they have nothing, You will win nothing. The best You can hope for is that someone catched a piece of the flop.

(2) If there's a caller, I slow down on the turn and bet only 1/3 or 1/4 of the pot.

This line is totally confusing to most people. But You have to hope that there is a caller on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]i will try this in the future, it sounds very interesting

Leviathan101
12-08-2006, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i will try this in the future, it sounds very interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

neat line. I'll give it a shot. I think getting the flop call is the hard part though. I think on a dry flop this line is great, since they either have a hand or they dont.

Sir Winalot
12-08-2006, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I hate this line. What it does is fold out all hands on the flop and then get no money on later streets no matter how confusing it is. The thing is that you'd have to play like this with some other hands too to disguise your hand. If you take this line with only a set it's going to be awfully obvious when you have a good hand and when you don't.

Don't do this kids.

Genz
12-08-2006, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You will usually only get a call when someone is getting annoyed by your overbetting pots massively all the time. If you never do it, everyone except the überdonks will run away. And if you do it regularly, you are probably wasting money.

Just play the flop like you play all the flops. Don't do anything too out of the line and people will be confused enough. Opponents on these limits aren't trying to get into your heads anyway. I actually like a slowplay to the river better than the overbet on the flop.