PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything good about how I played this nut flush draw OOP?

Sam T.
12-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Or in general, is there anything good about playing a draw OOP?

Stars 25NL, no reads on the villain just yet.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.25, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($17.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>,

My questions:
-Betting out the flop? Into such a large field, is this a spew? I did so with the intention of 3-betting if raised.

-Three-bet OOP?

-Shoving the turn. When he called the three bet I knew he liked his hand. I did not want a river club (or some other card) that would kill my action. I also figured it would look a lot like a desperate bluff.

thac
12-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Looks like you're repping AQ with Ace of clubs. I like it. He raised and called your reraise, so it's obvious he likes his hand. I think you'll see him calling you with 22/44 here a lot.

Sam T.
12-08-2006, 04:25 PM
As a follow up, what's your line if the turn bricks? (This is where I get confuzzed.)

Leviathan101
12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I think the line is fine although defintely non standard. I do this heads up, multiway, I would've c/c or lead/call.

As played, definitely shove a turn club. you're get called here a lot I think. Sets, AQ almost certain. I can see KQ with king of clubs here too.

what was your turn plan? I think the best line may be to put a blocker out there.

Genz
12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My questions:
-Betting out the flop? Into such a large field, is this a spew?

I'd check here, because I do NOT want to be raised with a draw...

I did so with the intention of 3-betting if raised.
You should do this with monster draws only, imo. I.e. fldr + a pair minimum. Fldr + str8dr is better. You are not a favorite to win the hand but only 35%. So I'd just call. Especially against an unknown.

-Three-bet OOP?
I wouldn't do so with AJs oop against a large field. AJs is marginal against such a large field oop and you will get into a lot of tricky situations in big pots especially when you only hit a pair or a gutshot draw.

-Shoving the turn. When he called the three bet I knew he liked his hand. I did not want a river club (or some other card) that would kill my action. I also figured it would look a lot like a desperate bluff.

I like that thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]