PDA

View Full Version : 25 nl 6max - HOW WOULD YOU PLAY?

tgr0ss
12-08-2006, 02:33 PM
villan was 20/4 over 25 hands or so...
feel like i was beat

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($18.20)
Button ($24.35)
SB ($30.15)
Hero ($23.85)
UTG ($24.95)
MP ($30.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.75) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, UTG calls $0.50, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.75) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($5.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20.5</font>, Hero ????????????

Final Pot: $29.25

tgr0ss
12-08-2006, 02:34 PM
My line of thinking on this was he just limped i didn't raise... but i feel he coulda limped a small pair 88 or under...

DntRazeMePlz
12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Most of the time I'll raise PF here depending on opponents and how likely I think they are to fold.

I pot flop, PSB turn, bet more on river and I fold to the raise. Meh, maybe I'm just a nit but I don't know what you beat here.

Esection
12-08-2006, 02:38 PM
im not sure what the right move is here. i think you are right about his range with a small pair, which i feel is probably 33. the other sort of hand he could have is a suited king with a weak kicker, like a 3, 7, or 8.

regardless, you should not be in this situation because you should be punishing players who try to limp in the sb. (especially when you have hands like kj). by not raising there you leave value on the table.

You're No Daisy
12-08-2006, 02:56 PM
There's no way I'm folding this hand. Sure, villain could have 88 or KQ, KA, but I'm taking my chances here. Would villain possibly limp with a suited King like K8? It's also possible that villain has AA. I can see him pushing the river with top two pair, can you? Let's go over the hand.

Preflop villain limps with AA hoping someone will raise so he can re-raise. Villain holds an over pair to the flop and smooth calls your bet. His line of thinking might be nobody caught a piece of this flop and AK, or KQ would raise in a 6-handed game. The turn and river don't seem to scare villain if he has AA and has discounted you holding a king. His push holding AA makes sense because he feels top two pair is the best hand. Hopefully you called and won.

AC

Dr_Doctr
12-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Raise that sucker up preflop! - make it $1.25 or something. Villian seems tight but it's only over 25 hands. Need a larger sample size to stop me raising as a default play here, but then that's just the way I play - could be wrong or inconsistent with your style.

Anyway, the way you played it I would then probably play it the same way except check the river. What are you trying to accomplish with your river bet? He obviously has something to be calling you down. Imho, that something is not a king with a weaker kicker or a pocket pair etc. often enough to bet for value, taking into consideration the possibility of a raise when you're beat which you might have to then call. I don't know, maybe that is just weak on my part. I would probably bet more on the turn too - say, $1.50. Actually because you bet less I guess the river value bet wasn't too bad.

As for how the hand was played, what to do when the villian pushes - I would probably fold without some kind of read i.e. that the villian is an idiot. You have represented at least a king all the way through the hand especially with your river bet. The villian must expect you to call here. I cannot see him making this play with anything that doesn't have you beat - again, unless you have a read.

Supwithbates
12-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I check/call reasonable bet on river.
I also bet more on the flop and turn.
Raising preflop is optimal but checking isn't as horrible as other posters have said, especially if table is playing tight/passive; you'll get called by hadns that dominate you and less visible hands that might stack you if you both hit. Is QJ or KT really calling your raise and then stacking off with top pair weak kicker? I doubt it.

RollTide77
12-08-2006, 04:07 PM
You didn't bet enough after the flop so now he thinks you're bluffing. He also might have AK or KQ and be setting you up or maybe he's got AA or a set and think he has something. But you didn't bet enough after the flop to find out so now you're in a coin flip with $20 on the line. The way you played it...if my bank roll is $60 I call it. If its $20 I fold. :-)

bozzer
12-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I would play it like this:

KJo in BB with 1 limper and the SB - raise! Especially when limpy is tight.

Flop is fine. The call from limpy mctighty is interesting - whats's he got? Answer can only be a K, 33 or a PP assuming your table image is fairly solid.

Turn. Leading for $1 is good. IMHO the turn only helps him if he has 88 or K8 (is that obvious? ok. sorry). Getting inside a 20/4 (not my style), I think he can only have 33, 88 or KQ that beat you right? You beat him if he fancies a cheeky limp with KT or less (suited perhaps?) or a PP not 88 or 33. As you have position, reraising again might not be a bad idea. It's possible he doesn't trust you (what's your image?) or it's possible he has you beat. I think if you put it to $6 or something he won't try any funny business. Sounds like a pricy way to define your hand, but it saves you $3 on the river, plus the horrible decision for your stack at the end.

As played, I fold the river (but I don't see enough showdowns).

Check_The_Nuts
12-08-2006, 08:29 PM
I fold river. The overbet is tooooo big. Check/call river would probably be better against this guy

Antinome
12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
This is why underrepresenting your hand is a bad idea. make a PSB on the flop and turn, That way if someone calls or raises you can really put them on a meaningful range.

Fold River. You're beat too often for this to be +EV.