PDA

View Full Version : 5NL. Blind steal, c-bet called. Turn gives me a hand now what?

Esmerelda
12-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Just got here a few hands ago. Saw villain call with tpgk against a maniac and get beat on suckout. Maniac took off with money.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.58
Hero: $10.20
SB: $19.93
BB: $6

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.55</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

I pretty much always steal with this hand. I am not surprise to see BB call tho cuz I suspect he is hot right now, table has been very aggressive during my brief visit but madman just left.

I figure he has sumpin but not necessarily much.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.65, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.35</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls.

Dunno, just figured he was stealing and that I had 2 overcards. Not happy about the call but I still figure he doesn't have a 9 because I would expect rrai or something.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.65, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ???

Given that I got here (I know plenty of criticism for flop and even PF) what now?

I decide to trust my read and bet for value...

bets $3.05</font>, SB calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($11.75, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero ???

Another value bet or do I fear a c/r too much?

BevillTheDevil
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
i like the raise on the button with QJo but you gota fold when reraised. theres pretty much no flops that you can really play with your hand. pretty much any reraise at these stakes usually shows strength especially stronger than QJo. But everything else is good IMO.

Esmerelda
12-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I agree. I totally forgot about the PF rr. I won't do that again. In the heat of the moment I was thinking that the table was still all riled up and that the RR was just a steal.

Do you bet river? if so how much?

Genz
12-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't like the steal-attempt on the flop. That doesn't work very often against preflop-reraisers in the uNL and you build a huge pot with nothing.

check turn and call a bet on the river. You risk being c/r on the turn and river and you want to control the pot size with TP only. A check on the turn also induces bluffs from weaker hands very often.

BevillTheDevil
12-08-2006, 01:51 PM
sorry i thought you check turn and river which i would do. the turn bet is no good, villain called your rr on flop so probably likes his hand. so yea your paired your Q on the turn and he checked showin weakness but now you wanta keep the pot small your have TPGK which usually isnt good in a reraise pot so check behind then on river if villain leads for somethin small i would call but if he check check behind. If you bet the river the only thing i can think villian is callin with is somethin that beats you. IMO This is a pot you should keep as small as possible.