PDA

View Full Version : 5NL(6 max). Suited ace flops FD, flop and turn play?

Esmerelda
12-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Villain (78/13/1.9) is very loose and sometimes shows aggression but mainly he calls too much.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $12.31
Esmerelda: $17.10
CO: $5.33
Button: $10.04
SB: $14.60
BB: $2.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Esmerelda is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Esmerelda raises to $0.2</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $0.35</font>, Esmerelda calls.

Min 3b doesn't seem to mean much from him, I recently saw him do it with A4o and T9s.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.72, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Esmerelda raises to $1.1</font>, BB calls.

The small lead could mean a pair or draw but probably not a good hand. Perhaps you just call ehre? I am liking my chances to get this guys stack so I am thinking build pot but looking at stack sizes I should just have waited right? or maybe push?

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.92, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Esmerelda ??? I am not folding so why not just push the rest in?

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.82, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.82)

Results:
Final pot: $4.82

BevillTheDevil
12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
well i dont like raising A6s from UTG+1 and especially calling a reraise, really with this hand the only thing i could really hope for is the nut flush. but as played i like the reraise on flop, and on the turn i would just call...i dont think you have much FE to push there, on the flop villian had a small lead and called your reraise so what makes you think he probably wont do it on the turn??

edit: misread the stack sizes, def fold this reraise preflop even though its not much villian is shortstacked and your hand sucks

Antinome
12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
take the direct odds. hopefully he's on a lower flush draw and will make his hand.

Esmerelda
12-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I see your point about not opening with this UTG+1.

I can't see folding to his minraise given the equity already in, the raise size and the fact I had seen him do this with weak hands.

Would you push flop given stacks?

Crimsonjade
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
I am not sure I like the raise preflop or reraise on the flop.

The villain is short stacked so raising preflop is asking the villain to push when he hits a peice now that the pot is built. The reraise on the flop even more so. Since the villain called, I would just get it in on the turn since you are going to on the river anyways.

Crimsonjade
12-08-2006, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't see folding to his minraise given the equity already in, the raise size and the fact I had seen him do this with weak hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think "take the direct odds" means just call here. The villain is letting you draw for cheap and if the villain is drawing as well, you can stack him since you are drawing to the nuts.

BevillTheDevil
12-08-2006, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea callin his minraise preflop isnt horrible but like i said the only thing i would really look for with this hand is trip 6s which isnt happenin much or a flush whichyour not gettin implied odds for a draw here against such a shorty. and i thought about it the $1 reraise is pretty pointless against a shortstack so if i reraise here its gota be a push but just callin flop isnt bad either.