View Full Version : 10nl: KK Help! I can't handle minraises

Archon_Wing
12-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Forgot to reload quickly enough

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $11.03
UTG+1: $5.30
Hero: $8.70
Button: $6.60
SB: $4.75
BB: $28.12

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.6, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $8.3</font>

Now on a board like this, I can't help but put him on a monster. I sort of begrudingly put it in, because I don't know where I'd go if I just call and the turn blanks. Do any of you fold here?

Before my push, it is $1.5 to call $7.6. I will have about $4 in a $9 pot on the turn. (Well, let's assume $5 if I had bought in full) Unless the turn is a super scare card, I think the money is going in anyways, so why not remove the need for those hard choices?

Or maybe I'm just a donk that can't fold overpairs. I don't know, but I do make money of them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ImprovinNewbie
12-08-2006, 12:29 PM
push and hop for something like A9, K9, JT, QJ. or a lower over pair like QQ-TT and 77 and [censored]. you are ahead of a lot. poooosh. especially at 10NL

Ra_
12-08-2006, 12:36 PM
you took that flop with alot of folks, and there are sets, a straight, and a ton of 2 pair hands. You could call and see what he does on turn, but i think pushing will get you burned here most of the time.

Folding flop might seem weak/tight but not many people at this level are betting draws aggresivly. I think you can let it go.

MadMike
12-08-2006, 12:56 PM
A check-raise usually means the BB thinks he's ahead, not that he's drawing- his raise after the button call screams strength. He wants callers.

You'd have to depend on your reads here if that strength could be A9, K9, or QQ-TT vs. 2-pair (98?), a set, or straight with 76.

I think you get shown something you beat here alot, but also get stacked by a set/2-pair more often. I'd probably dump it without a read, but push if I had any read that he was loose and thought top pair was the nuts.

BevillTheDevil
12-08-2006, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding flop might seem weak/tight but not many people at this level are betting draws aggresivly. I think you can let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but theres MORE people at this level that are playin crap hands this way. At 10NL the avg player thinks mid pairs, top pair pretty much any kicker is the nutz. Unless villian is a weak passive or tight this is an easy push IMO. u r getting called by FAR WORSE plenty enough to make this play profitable. the only way a shove isnt profitable is if u have a read that villian is super nitty or a good player.

Ra_
12-08-2006, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but theres MORE people at this level that are playin crap hands this way. At 10NL the avg player thinks mid pairs, top pair pretty much any kicker is the nutz. Unless villian is a weak passive or tight this is an easy push IMO. u r getting called by FAR WORSE plenty enough to make this play profitable. the only way a shove isnt profitable is if u have a read that villian is super nitty or a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have much expereince at this level, but I would expect villans to call 3 streets with TPWK type hands but not min-check raise like this. I would bet this is 2 pair or better 75% of the time.

RollTide77
12-08-2006, 03:52 PM
To me, the $1.50 after the flop could be seen as an over bet. I know its a pot sized bet but from his eyes, if you did have top pair after the flop, why would you bet so much. You want callers and don't want to spook anyone off. Or maybe you did want to spook them off because you had a 9 and just made a pair. If I've got TT or above I play back at you. That's just my take. Of course he could have 99 as well. My point is that you put yourself into a corner with that bet right after the flop without much info to go on. A pair is just a pair and at this level you never know what people will do.