PDA

View Full Version : QQ overpair, ragged board

tw0please
12-08-2006, 05:08 AM
Villain is a 60/10/1.4 donk over 100 hands with calling station tendencies. The table dynamics are fantastic, with a super aggro donk to my left (not involved in this hand) juicing up the action. Running at 18/13 but I'm not sure if BB really notices this.

Anyway, I was really confused by the BB's weird blocking(?) bets on the super-dry board and decided just to call down. I couldn't think of a good amount to raise the turn and river without folding out 9x and TJ since I didn't want to get it all in on this board. Thoughts?

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $28.80
UTG+1: $21
CO: $20
Hero: $70.95
SB: $44.50
BB: $29.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.85, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3.25</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($16.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5.5</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $27.35

Longy
12-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Looks good to me. Tho i wouldn't be surprised if he showed an 8.

Alternate line is to raise the turn which i wouldn't argue with.

Gelford
12-08-2006, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a 60/10/1.4 donk over 100 hands with calling station tendencies.

I couldn't think of a good amount to raise the turn and river without folding out 9x and TJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious to how you make those two statements connect.

On another note, suicidal calling stations usually do not bet, so if that hasn't been the case ever, I too would be worried about a bet and just keep it small and say .. oh well if I had him crushed and didn't extract all.

Genz
12-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Raise the river to 10-12. He is giving himself too good odds to draw. If you fold JT and take down the pot, it's ok. You couldn't have earned any more from him when he misses, anyway. You might even get called by a TP or lower PP. If he pushes, you can lay down your hand. If he calls and pushes the river, that's tough, but a fold, I think. If he calls and checks the river, check behind.

tw0please
12-08-2006, 05:32 AM
Well he has had calling station tendencies but now he is leading into me after check/calling that flop and that is not a typical station thing to do, especially on such a blank turn.

Genz
12-08-2006, 05:46 AM
Well. That should lead you to one of two conclusions:

Either he isn't a calling station after all and your read was off.
Or he has your overpair crushed.

Now you can decide if you want to call down, hoping to keep the pot small (this could be severly spoiled by a big river bet which you had no idea of what it could mean) or by trying to define your hand a little with a raise. The latter alternative needs some discipline on your part not to pay him off big on the river if he plays back at you. I'd raise him now about the amount that I'd be willing to pay on the river with the intention of not investing anything more.

Gelford
12-08-2006, 05:46 AM
Yep, there I follow you and that is why I'd probably play it the same way, but worrying about pricing lesser hands out .. nah ... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tw0please
12-08-2006, 05:55 AM
My biggest problem with raising turn is not being able to fold to a river push but folding to a turn shove. Is this type of villain's range for a 1/3 psb then a shove really small enough to fold on the turn? To be honest if he were to shove after a raise to $11 I would have no idea what to put him on. It can't only be a set/two pair/TT+ can it?

Sir Winalot
12-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Grunch,

I raise turn to 15.

Gelford
12-08-2006, 06:25 AM
I think your reasoning sound very fair, you where in doubt, your reading screamed to be careful, so you made use of position and kept it small.

Well played, and if then it turns out that he was leading nothing, we make a note and add him to out buddy list.

tw0please
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks for comments, villain shows down TT and I win. High five.