PDA

View Full Version : NL5: FH on the river

joe023948
12-08-2006, 05:08 AM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.57
UTG+1: $7.83
MP1: $2.04
MP2: $2.33
CO: $11.04
Button: $6.30
Hero: $6.77
BB: $12.45

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.25, 5 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.15</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, BB calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.05, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, BB calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.05, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $5.32</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: $5.32 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $3.05

Genz
12-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Preflop is marginal. You are rooting for playing a non-nut-flush-draw oop against many opponents. But the odds of 11:1 are nice.

Lead the flop. You don't want to build a big pot by getting more money in with a c/r with TP3K, flushdraw on the board and 4 opponents in the hand.

Bet like $2.5 - 3 on the river. That has more chances to get called than an overbet.

Esmerelda
12-08-2006, 07:12 AM
preflop: meh, i complete this is I have nothing interesting going on at other tables.

flop: I usually lead pretty strong here, I am oop with a marginal hand so I am hoping to take the pot down or at least get heads up with a draw that overpaid. This is a drawy board, too drawy to price out the combos so I might consider c/c and let this one turn into a checking festival. Your c/r seems odd since you don't really want to build a big pot at this point since there is a decent chance you are behind or facing a strong draw, did you think that a 25 raise would push him off his hand?

Turn: now you are glad you got the pot size up. Bet 3/4 pot or more for value. Also you are oop and still have lots of draws to fear so you don't mind taking this down here.

River: it is just a matter of what villain will go for, looks like he missed his draws but I don't have a problem with the big overbet now and again since villains at this level sometimes think that it is a bluff with a missed draw of your own. Usually I would bet a little less than pot. If villain is tight or I was really sure that his hand was weak I might bet 1/2 pot. It just depends and you do want to change it up randomly in this spot.

gimmetheloot
12-08-2006, 08:00 AM
OP: your flop play sucks.

check. and dont raise.
i changed my mind, lead river for 1$

Unknown Soldier
12-08-2006, 08:39 AM
pf is good. Flop, just call. I wouldnt lead into 4 players here, but I wouldnt want to build a pot with your hand. Turn is fine. River is fine. You're only getting action from a set/flush now and if hes calling $2.5 hes calling $5