View Full Version : Top two, all-kinds-of-dangerous board

Bort99
12-08-2006, 04:09 AM
Ehh, better line?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, Hero calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $6.25</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $18.75

Spleen
12-08-2006, 04:23 AM
I play it this way a lot. I am interested in more comments.

larry the legend
12-08-2006, 04:27 AM
id have a hard time calling on the turn....sb is representing a flush draw, a seven, aces, or a king....when the flush hits on the turn i think you are beat more than half the time and when you are he is going to make you pay....get out while its cheap

Spleen
12-08-2006, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
id have a hard time calling on the turn....sb is representing a flush draw, a seven, aces, or a king....when the flush hits on the turn i think you are beat more than half the time and when you are he is going to make you pay....get out while its cheap

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the flush redraw on turn swung the turn to a call for me, when the J hits the river makes it harder to fold so I just call without knowing quite what else to do.

tw0please
12-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Flop is okay, turn call is meh especially in a limped pot. I definitely fold river, the J doesn't help your hand at all, it just makes it prettier. Is villain really playing AK/KQ like this? I expect a flush or a boat here every time, even 7x has you beat. Also stack sizes?

gimmetheloot
12-08-2006, 08:01 AM
fold the turn mang.

FreddyT87
12-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Why wouldn't a reraise make sense on the flop? You probably have the best hand then since villain would probably raise proflop with AK, KQ.
Reraise flop to give him bad FD odds. If he calls be aware of trips.

Sir Winalot
12-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Turn call, whatever. Definetly fold river, you'll see a 7 here like allways.

Sir Winalot
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't a reraise make sense on the flop? You probably have the best hand then since villain would probably raise proflop with AK, KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ehh, no. Raising the flop sucks.

Check_The_Nuts
12-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Raising flop sucks. Turn call is thin. River call is spew.

Dennisa
12-08-2006, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop bloats the pot. This is a hand you want to play in a small pot, not a big one. Now if you raise on the flop you gotta fold to a near psb on the turn. I think you also need to check on the turn and call a small river bet with this line.

Antinome
12-08-2006, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising flop sucks. Turn call is thin. River call is spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

h0ser
12-08-2006, 01:41 PM
This board is FUGLY and the villain hasn't eased off the accelerator one bit. 2 pair only has value as a bluff catcher here. Pretend you have Q5o on the river.